Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Gamecock still in search for a point guard

Gamecock still in search for a point guard

Jan. 13, 2020, | GCF Staff Report

The Gamecocks could have a new player handling the bulk of its point guard minutes Wednesday against No. 10 Kentucky and it’s mostly because Jermaine Couisnard represents to Frank Martin everything that position’s been lacking this season. Marin said. “Personality, fearlessness, aggression.” (VIEW ARTICLE)

I think Couisnard and Hannibal are the guys on this team best suited, physically and mentally, to play PG.   Both are freshmen, so that is a negative, but still they are the two I would play at that position.   The other guards are better suited to playing off the ball.    I think sooner or later, we'll see those two getting most of the minutes at that position.   Now if we can find someone who can make jump shots!  I think Bolden is the best shooter on the team.  He showed what he is capable of in the Virginia game.   But I think that is the only game in which he seemed comfortable.    Not sure why.   Hope he can find that level of comfort and confidence again.

We need more scoring from Bryant and Minaya.   Need 20 points per game between those two.   I'm happy with Kotsar.   He's the one guy who is playing consistently at or close to his best.    We need a few points from Frink, McCreary, and/or Leveque.