Sign in to follow this  
Longhaul

Carolina Panthers 2020 thread

With things changing I thought it was appropriate to start a new thread to keep up.  What do the Panther fans here think about Rhule as head coach?  I admit I know absolutely nothing about the guy, other than his coaching experience and record.  Never watched Temple or Baylor play while he was the coach.  Seems Tepper really wanted him and locked him down once he made the decision that is who he wanted.  

5 hours ago, GoldenSpur7 said:

Def yes on the IQ. Would make a great coach at any level. Think he had 3 straight seasons with concussions, other injuries, and had def lost a step this year.

It was hard for me to tell if how much of a step he lost and how much of it was them trying to switch to that 3-4 defense, which I really think was a failure especially after Kawann Short went down.  Good for him to recognize he is not able to play at a level that is satisfactory to him and making this decision to preserve his mind and body for the future.  He probably also did not want to go through what I see is a total rebuild for this team.  

Pharaoh Cooper will give this team a much needed kick returner, that they have needed for a long time.  I can also see them doing some creative stuff on offense to get him into space and let him do his thing.   

Pronounced in the SOS way with a southern drawl. ‘Fay-ro’

Traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins.  What does it say about Cam that Rivera has no interest in trying to get him to Washington.  Is it the on-field drama that follows him, the fact that they don't know/believe he will be healthy, or that he simply has games where he cannot hit the broad side of a barn when the pressure is on in big games?  I can almost tell you how Cam will play after two series.  If things are not going well, they never seem to get better.  If they start out well, he plays well.  Something about his Psyche just does not equate to the big winners at quarterback.  I hoped as he matured he would be able to put a bad start behind him and rally in games, but it just never seemed to happen.