GCF News
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_corpsman

750 Troops Sent to Defend Embassy

1 hour ago, MBGCock said:

Thank good for Trump.  Would have been another bengazie of hillary won.  Took Obama 13 hours, took trump 13 min.  That is a leader.  John Kerry was just over there bet he has something to do with it. 

The leader of the attack was invited to the white house by Obama.  Obama is a traitor,  and yall will soon find out. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7844623/Barack-Obama-welcomed-leader-embassy-attack-White-House.html

13 minutes lol. The attacks started on Tuesday. It is now Thursday.

1 hour ago, Spur's Addiction said:

There was a detachment of Marines (was established as a QRF after Benghazi) that had already deployed and were at the Embassy within hours. These 750 Troops got the ready order Tuesday and I believe they flew out late Tuesday early Wednesday Morning. They will probably be stationed outside of Iraq, but will be able to get to the capital very quickly if the situation gets out of control. 13 minutes may be a bit of an exaggeration, but by all accounts it was 100% better response than we saw in Benghazi, even you can admit that I hope. 

1 hour ago, Spur's Addiction said:

The standard Marine security detachment for a U.S. diplomatic facility is 60 Marines, yet there were only a handful of American civilian contractors defending the Libyan embassy in Benghazi under Obama's/HRC's watch.

The Iranians are going to find out real quick that there's a new sheriff in the White House and the status quo they have been used to is out the door.

11 minutes ago, kingofnerf said:

The standard Marine security detachment for a U.S. diplomatic facility is 60 Marines, yet there were only a handful of American civilian contractors defending the Libyan embassy in Benghazi under Obama's/HRC's watch.

The Iranians are going to find out real quick that there's a new sheriff in the White House and the status quo they have been used to is out the door.

Absolutely. 60 Marines there,  then 100 more Marines and 2 Apache helos from the Special Crisis Response Command were there within hours, (that should be enough to do the job) but just in case there was 650 more Army Airborne soldiers on the way within a Day. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJmyjyTR5V3jOJsoiwlOx

2 minutes ago, MFB said:

Considering it was his shit that got us into this situation i'd say good on him, but that seems a little redundant to congratulate him on fixing a problem he created 

Yeah, he should have sent Iran a billion dollars in cash instead.  lol

Just now, MFB said:

Basically everything Trump has done regarding Iran since taking office but specifically the nuclear deal and allowing the terrorists orgs to gain power. What did they think was going to happen after the air strikes?

The airstrikes were a response to the Kataib Hezbollah rocket attack that killed an American.  What should we have done?  If you are going to blame Trump for the Iranian gov. you better toss ol obama and company into that pot as well. 

1 minute ago, carolina_corpsman said:

The airstrikes were a response to the Kataib Hezbollah rocket attack that killed an American.  What should we have done?  If you are going to blame Trump for the Iranian gov. you better toss ol obama and company into that pot as well. 

I guess you missed the part about pulling out of the deal and the direct consequences it has caused. That is specifically a Trump thing. I am not saying they shouldn't have done anything, I am saying they should have anticipated a response like this

Just now, MFB said:

I guess you missed the part about pulling out of the deal and the direct consequences it has caused. That is specifically a Trump thing. I am not saying they shouldn't have done anything, I am saying they should have anticipated a response like this

That's why they have the Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force – Crisis Response – Central Command on call 24 hours a day. They deployed and did their job perfectly. I guess you just need something to complain about Trump for so, sure, blame him for pulling out of a deal that really had no teeth in it anyways. You just have to admit, he didn't draw any thin red lines or send pallets of cash, he responded with force.

Will you at least admit this was a much better outcome than the Obama/Clinton version in Benghazi?

6 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

That's why they have the Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force – Crisis Response – Central Command on call 24 hours a day. They deployed and did their job perfectly. I guess you just need something to complain about Trump for so, sure, blame him for pulling out of a deal that really had no teeth in it anyways. You just have to admit, he didn't draw any thin red lines or send pallets of cash, he responded with force.

Will you at least admit this was a much better outcome than the Obama/Clinton version in Benghazi?

LOL it is literally why we are where we are now with Iran. The cash was a completely separate deal but you already know that

Sure, not like that is hard to admit 

4 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

Facts to back this up or is it personal opinion?

We have no actual national security plans anymore. It is whatever Trump is mad about at the time so he does something irrational and hasty. It is creating chaos, taking the power of sanctions and having other partners in the region to put pressure away, allowing the terrorists to grow and gain confidence 

6 minutes ago, MFB said:

We have no actual national security plans anymore. It is whatever Trump is mad about at the time so he does something irrational and hasty. It is creating chaos, taking the power of sanctions and having other partners in the region to put pressure away, allowing the terrorists to grow and gain confidence 

So, personal opinion. 

2 hours ago, MFB said:

You disagree?

That it is all a result of Trump pulling out of an agreement that didn't really do much?  No. I don't think you can say that it is all Trump's fault, its impossible to know that. Would staying in the treaty have prevented a twrror org from killing a contractor? Maybe, but I doubt it. I also don't like speaking in absolutes. 

2 hours ago, MFB said:

Absurd, we have about a hundred or so national security plans. 

26 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

That it is all a result of Trump pulling out of an agreement that didn't really do much?  No. I don't think you can say that it is all Trump's fault, its impossible to know that. Would staying in the treaty have prevented a twrror org from killing a contractor? Maybe, but I doubt it. I also don't like speaking in absolutes. 

Yea...its probably just a coincidence