Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk96

Turn it over to God

I’ve heard this phrase for many years. I’ve even used it myself. Now that I’m older and I’m trying to solidify my understanding of this phrase, I am curious how exactly you turn something over to God? I’m ashamed to say that at my age and how long I’ve been a Christian, I don’t exactly know how to do that. I know you’re to pray, but is that it? I’m not one for believing that you just don’t do anything.

In my very humble opinion, that may not be right lol.  I am assuming that you mean a situation where you may feel led to act, but don't know exactly what action to take. I believe that you turn a situation over to God and trust that he will guide you in what actions to take.  I always (actually mostly) pray for discernment and guidance before I act.  The times that I make a decision based on my emotion in the moment, hindsight shows me that most of the time I do not make a good or best decision.  In my experience we don't spend enough time just listening especially guys.  We want to fix everything and we want to do it quickly, it is just in our nature.  I am trying to be a more patient person and listen for what God has to tell me.  

I hear that said in situations where a person cannot do anything to affect the outcome. I don't know if I've ever used the phrase, but to me it's saying I've done all I could and pray that God gives me the strength, wisdom, and patience to handle the outcome, whatever that might be.

• Like 1