Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Muschamp’s message to Gamecocks: Beating Clemson could ‘right the ship'

Muschamp’s message to Gamecocks: Beating Clemson could ‘right the ship'

Nov. 17, 2019

First off would beating Clemson make your off season better?  Muschamp is counting on it. (VIEW ARTICLE)

They trounced Wake who frankly would probably beat us.  

But...It’s at home, we should be mostly healthy for the first time in a while, UNC gave them a game, and we did beat Ga.  So maybe?   Nah, it ain’t gonna happen.  I just hope it’s not a 63-7 type game.  I would take any positives or moral victories at this point.  

Good Lord................yeah Coach beating tater tech would be great,  So would beating UVA, UNC, UT, Mizzu, App State, TA&M, and on and on.

I would say what a damn stupid statement to make but I'm not surprised after seeing you go for that FG late in the 4th quarter down by 27 points.  smdh

• Like 1

We knew the upper-tier games were going to be tough this season, but it's the losses against the lesser teams that have been the issue.

A win against Clemson is highly unlikely and firing BMac is the only thing that will improve the team next year.

The ship has been listing for over a year now.  What's different this next game from all the others?  All summer Muschamp never hinted once that we needed to work on anything.  All I heard was praise for the team and the coaching staff.  I've been let down for way too long now.  Not gonna get my hopes up anymore for him.

1 hour ago, Ledcock said:

The ship has been listing for over a year now.  What's different this next game from all the others?  All summer Muschamp never hinted once that we needed to work on anything.  All I heard was praise for the team and the coaching staff.  I've been let down for way too long now.  Not gonna get my hopes up anymore for him.

This is smart. 

I now roll my eyes at every propaganda article and hype video I see. Justin King and his staff are great but none of it is real.

35 minutes ago, gAmkok said:

This is smart. 

I now roll my eyes at every propaganda article and hype video I see. Justin King and his staff are great but none of it is real.

In Justin's defense, he hasn't had a whole heck of a lot to work with.

IMHO he's one of the best in the business, a legit asset to the program, and we're lucky to have him.

If we had a team that was performing as well on the field as Justin's team performs in the editing room... it would be something special. 

4 minutes ago, Schark said:

In Justin's defense, he hasn't had a whole heck of a lot to work with.

IMHO he's one of the best in the business, a legit asset to the program, and we're lucky to have him.

If we had a team that was performing as well on the field as Justin's team performs in the editing room... it would be something special. 

Agree 100%. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevhugh said:

This is not trending in our favor.  Our offense doesn't have a pulse and Clemson needs style points to solidify their playoff spot.  This could get ugly in a hurry. 

You know... maybe Muschamp is a genius. Maybe he's put us in position to spoil Clemson's playoff hopes no matter the outcome. If Clemson loses, horrible loss, no playoff. If Clemson wins, so what the Gamecocks suck, no playoff!

#strategery

4 minutes ago, kevhugh said:

This is not trending in our favor.  Our offense doesn't have a pulse and Clemson needs style points to solidify their playoff spot.  This could get ugly in a hurry. 

Agree with you 100% on all counts.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Dabo is challenging his team to hang 100 on us while limiting us to under 100 yards of total offense.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, cocky0 said:

Yeah it would make the off-season a good bit more bearable, but that's like hoping to win the lottery so you can pay your past due light bill. 

You've got that right. Beating Clemson would start a whole new reality or fantasy either way we need some new faces on our coaching staff.