ShepCock

This is not an impeachment process

32 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

is it a crime to ignore a subpoena?

is it a crime to enlist a private citizen with classified information to serve as a secret secretary of state?

Point 1 is complicated -  A valid assertion of executive privilege provides a lawful basis to decline to answer a congressional subpoena for testimony or documents. At its most basic, executive privilege is the proposition that certain confidential or sensitive communications within the executive branch are constitutionally protected from compelled disclosure to the executive’s coequal branches—Congress and the courts.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congressional-subpoena-power-and-executive-privilege-coming-showdown-between-branches

Point 2 - I believe as head of the Executive Branch the President can send whoever he wants to send.

17 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Point 1 is complicated -  A valid assertion of executive privilege provides a lawful basis to decline to answer a congressional subpoena for testimony or documents. At its most basic, executive privilege is the proposition that certain confidential or sensitive communications within the executive branch are constitutionally protected from compelled disclosure to the executive’s coequal branches—Congress and the courts.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congressional-subpoena-power-and-executive-privilege-coming-showdown-between-branches

Point 2 - I believe as head of the Executive Branch the President can send whoever he wants to send.

Point 2 - you “believe” wrong

This would seem to me that he can:

The Appointments Clause distinguishes between officers of the United States who must be appointed with the advice and consent of the Senate; and inferior officers specified by acts of Congress, some of whom may be appointed with the advice and consent of the Senate, but whose appointment Congress may place instead in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.[9] An earlier proposed draft of the Appointments Clause would have given the President a broader power to "appoint officers in all cases not otherwise provided for by this Constitution," but some delegates of the Philadelphia Constitutional Convention worried that this language would permit the President to create offices as well as to fill them, a classic case of institutional corruption. The requirement that the President can appoint inferior officers only when Congress has "by Law vest[ed]" that power in the President sought to preclude that possibility.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appointments_Clause#cite_note-HFDCox20121027-9

1 hour ago, Tastylicks said:

is it a crime to ignore a subpoena?

is it a crime to enlist a private citizen with classified information to serve as a secret secretary of state?

well dang I can think of a secretary of state who kept classified information on a personal server and furthermore claimed that she had no clue that something was abbreviated as classified...and you voted for them so your opinion on the sanctity of classified information is partisan at best

I get it that you hate Trump and I can see that...but let's be honest here, this is all about hatred of Trump and has been since the day he was elected....in the grand scope of things, what goes around comes around and politics in the future are going to be a shit show

1 minute ago, STS said:

well shit I can think of a secretary of state who kept classified information on a personal server and furthermore claimed that she had no clue that something was abbreviated as classified...and you voted for you

and yet these trump officials are doing that same thing AND going the extra mile to extortion

4 minutes ago, STS said:

a lie?...the best part is we have video of him bragging...I realize that may be inconvenient

Biden did not commit extortion, obstruction of justice and obstruction of congress

so your claim that he did the exact same thing trump did, is a lie 

Just now, MFB said:

This is about to be the most brutal election of my lifetime...

It is going to get worse....this is why I am somewhat opposed to impeachment b/c this will now be a political tool for years to come...it would have been far better if there was more than paritsan support.  I hate Trump and I don't like him as President but the way to get him out is to vote him out!  Now it just seems obvious that the Left knows that this is the ONLY way to get him out of office and it will fail and it will empower him further....and if/when he wins the 2020 election his mandate will be taken even further!  

This stuff with Rudy is absolutely Trump's MO. He uses his personal attorney/fixer to do all of his dirty work because it basically acts as a buffer to him personally. He knew with RG being an independent it would be harder for Washington to get him in their processes and his attorney/client privilege would be further protection. This is how Trump has handled his dirt for his entire life. Just look at the last loyal guy who did Trump's dirty work....chilling in da pen MAGA - my attorney got arrested 

16 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

ok, I"ll dumb it down for you

is it a crime for an average person to gain access to classified information? 

19 minutes ago, Tastylicks said:

ok, I"ll dumb it down for you

is it a crime for an average person to gain access to classified information? 

Well since I have already provided a link that states the President has the authority to appoint "inferior officers" than that person is no longer an average person but an appointee of the President so yes they would be allowed to have access to classified information. 

Just now, MFB said:

This stuff with Rudy is absolutely Trump's MO. He uses his personal attorney/fixer to do all of his dirty work because it basically acts as a buffer to him personally. He knew with RG being an independent it would be harder for Washington to get him in their processes and his attorney/client privilege would be further protection. This is how Trump has handled his dirt for his entire life. Just look at the last loyal guy who did Trump's dirty work....chilling in da pen MAGA - my attorney got arrested 

it is the MO of many wealthy people...I just can't believe Rudy went along...I wonder what Trump has on him?  

1 minute ago, STS said:

It is going to get worse....this is why I am somewhat opposed to impeachment b/c this will now be a political tool for years to come...it would have been far better if there was more than paritsan support.  I hate Trump and I don't like him as President but the way to get him out is to vote him out!  Now it just seems obvious that the Left knows that this is the ONLY way to get him out of office and it will fail and it will empower him further....and if/when he wins the 2020 election his mandate will be taken even further!  

IMO it has all turned into a giant show and the left is constantly adding fuel to the fire. One thing Trump is great at is playing the victim and getting his supporters to follow his narrative regardless of facts. Again IMO the best thing for the left to do would have been to quietly collect all of this evidence and build a case. Let Trump and his base think they are completely in charge, with no investigations, and the amount of even more crooked shit he would do would pile up quickly imo. The publicity and the quickness with which we have seen things go has only added to the divide. Even if it meant waiting until after the election, get all of the evidence you need and then drop the hammer on him when you are ready. Remember....real killa's move in silence and violence. I can't stand the man either but he is so ignorant and conceited that he will hang himself if you give him enough rope. I realize it is a threat to our interest to have him running rough-shot over practices, traditions and institutions...but burning those to the ground to get rid of an elected official are equally as polarizing and troubling 

2 minutes ago, STS said:

it is the MO of many wealthy people...I just can't believe Rudy went along...I wonder what Trump has on him?  

Oh I know I am just saying that is one deal Trump has mastered the art of....get it? Lol there is no telling man, all of these wealthy individuals, regardless of political affiliation, with all of this Epstein stuff....I mean who knows. You know Trump has already bragged about how he keeps dirt on people through the NE guy. It is probably one of those if I go down I am burning this mf'er down kinda deals

While I generally agree. I think the Dems had no choice since Trump is actively soliciting foreign election interference once again. You can’t just let this slide and say wait until the election to vote him out, since this whole thing is about giving him an unfair advantage in that election.

Most other things - say an Oval Office BJ or tax fraud issues or whatever else could wait. This IMO could not wait.

17 minutes ago, STS said:

wait a minute!!! you are "somewhat opposed" to impeachment? just a minute ago when we discussed what trump did, you said to impeach him. what is it!!!!!?!?!?

17 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Well since I have already provided a link that states the President has the authority to appoint "inferior officers" than that person is no longer an average person but an appointee of the President so yes they would be allowed to have access to classified information. 

giuliani is not an appointee 

30 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

So he registered as a foreign agent?

17 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

While I generally agree. I think the Dems had no choice since Trump is actively soliciting foreign election interference once again. You can’t just let this slide and say wait until the election to vote him out, since this whole thing is about giving him an unfair advantage in that election.

Most other things - say an Oval Office BJ or tax fraud issues or whatever else could wait. This IMO could not wait.

dude the democrats have been trying to impeach him since the day he was elected

33 minutes ago, TheKOB said:

I'm just glad Nancy is pushing for a trial after no material witnesses testified, only expert witnesses called by the Democrats, none called by the GOP.

Whether or not it's actually a joke, it's sure being run like a political farce.

Nope, that’s a lie.

the trump team was allowed to call witnesses and they declined. trump himself was allowed to testify at any time