FeatheredCock

Three Bold Predictions For Gamecocks vs. Missouri

Chris and the gang has a great website along with his informative and enjoyable podcast so make sure to visit  Enjoy the show fanatics!!!

SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 by NOAH PATHEJA / LINK: THESPURSUPSHOW

Three Bold Predictions For Gamecocks vs. Missouri

South Carolina(1-2) is coming off a hard fought loss to Alabama last week while Missouri(2-1) is coming off of a dominant win against Southeast Missouri State.

South Carolina has a few things they need to fix if they want to make a bowl game this year, but the offense under Ryan Hilinski looks promising.

This is also a game that Muschamp has to win if he wants the hot seat to cool down a little bit.

Here are my three bold predictions for tomorrow:

Kelly Bryant will have only one passing touchdown

South Carolina’s defense gave up 444 passing yards and five passing touchdowns against Alabama at home last weekend.

The secondary took responsibility for their disappointing performance, and I believe they’ll make the right adjustments to slow down Kelly Bryant.

The biggest threat to South Carolina’s secondary is tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, who has the most receiving touchdowns for the Tigers this year.

I think South Carolina’s secondary is too talented to let Kelly Bryant dominate this game.

Rico Dowdle will rush for over 100 yards again

South Carolina has really struggled to establish a run game under Muschamp.

Last week, Dowdle had 12 carries for 102 yards against Alabama’s defense and he clearly established himself as the top running back on the roster.

It confuses me that Ryan Hilinski threw it 57 times when Dowdle was getting it done on the ground. Missouri has the #70 rushing defense in the country, and I expect Dowdle to run all over them.

This is also Ryan Hilinski’s first road game, and it’ll be interesting to see how comfortable he is.

South Carolina will score on every red zone trip

The Gamecocks are struggling again with red zone offense.

On the last drive of the first half last week, South Carolina had four chances to score from four yards out.

The first play was a run, and Dowdle got the offense to the one yard line. The next three pays consisted of two incomplete passes and a botched run.

I’m willing to bet that the coaching staff worked on red zone offense in practice this week because South Carolina put up 459 yards of offense last week and only scored 23 points.

A lot of that has to do with red zone struggles.

Conclusion

These are BOLD predictions for tomorrow.

I have to emphasize it now because most of these aren’t supposed to come true. It would be great if they did, but I can’t control the game.

I do expect a very exciting game against a division opponent.

I’m also expecting South Carolina to beat the Tigers, 21-10.