Counting down to Gameday 2021  Week 9

South Carolina Football Schedule South Carolina Gamecocks' vs. Florida Gators' Florida Football Schedule

The countdown has finished!

GO COCKS WIN!!

WITH VIDEO: Coach Mark Kingston said today the following players will miss fall practice due to injuries.

FeatheredCock

Coach Mark Kingston said today the following players will miss fall practice due to injuries

Sept. 18, 2019

Coach Mark Kingston said today the following players will miss fall practice due to injuries... INF Jeff Heinrich, LHP Julian Bosnic, RHP Andrew Peters, RHP Thomas Farr, RHP Wesley Sweatt, RHP Brett Kerry and RHP Hayden Leyman who is out for the season.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:39 PM, SENIOR ROOSTER said:

OK BatGirl does the Team make the Regionals next year?

Well, we're only one week into the Fall baseball schedule, and I've only been to one scrimmage that was only 4.5 innings.  So it's a bit early for me to make that prediction.  What I did see is...Carmen is VERY rusty, but he settled down some.  He was leaving them up a bit more than I like.  But the ones that were strikes were pretty.  I'm not terribly worried about him at this point.  He'll come around.  Our middle INF is rusty (that MUST improve).  I will NOT be happy if we have tons of Es up the middle.  Coach got on them a lot yesterday.  How wonderful to hear a coach actually coaching.  We were hitting the ball good (sadly it was off Carmen), but Shook and Dylan looked solid on the bump yesterday.  I can't remember who else came in to throw (sorry - I was catching up with Ashley (formerly Toman)).  Beaver can flat out hit the damn ball.  He is all power!  Noah hit the ball well yesterday too.  Wes Clark was at 1B and looked good there.  Pulled some picks out of the dirt.  Jonah Beamon has some wheels but needs to work on his defense at 2B.   

Honestly, I was just happy to be back at the ballpark yesterday afternoon.  It was a beautiful day, and the perfect thing to remind me why I'm a Gamecock.