STS

Liberal Fear Thread

12 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Measles  outbreak.

I mean, this is a reasonable concern is it not? I generally associate anti-vaxxers with the far left and they are the ones responsible for the resurgence of previously eradicated communicable diseases in the U.S. Do you disagree? 

I mean, this is a reasonable concern is it not? I generally associate anti-vaxxers with the far left and they are the ones responsible for the resurgence of previously eradicated communicable diseases in the U.S. Do you disagree? 

I always thought they were the right wing science deniers. But I’m sure it’s a mix.

18 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

I always thought they were the right wing science deniers. But I’m sure it’s a mix.

My general personal experience in the healthcare sector indicates that people who lean more to the left are the ones who seem to embrace alternative treatments ex. homeopathy, herbal supplements etc. I have no evidence to show that the far right people are right wing science deniers, do you have any links? 

5 minutes ago, carolina_corpsman said:

My general personal experience in the healthcare sector indicates that people who lean more to the left are the ones who seem to embrace alternative treatments ex. homeopathy, herbal supplements etc. I have no evidence to show that the far right people are right wing science deniers, do you have any links? 

Well Trump for one has spewed anti-vaxxer claims the vaccines lead to autism.

Then of course all the right wingers who refuse to believe science when it comes to climate change comes to mind as well. 

20 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

Well Trump for one has spewed anti-vaxxer claims the vaccines lead to autism.

Then of course all the right wingers who refuse to believe science when it comes to climate change comes to mind as well. 

First, I would need to see a valid link where Trump claimed vaccines caused autism on more than one occasion, and then, I would like a valid source showing the correlation between climate change deniers and the anti vaxxing movement

12 minutes ago, Spur's Addiction said:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trump+anti-vaxxer+comment&ia=web

I never correlated climate change deniers to anti -vaxxers, other than to say both groups are science deniers. 

So the link leads to a search result from a search engine I've never heard of. Call that a big nothing burger. Please, tell me more about these far right Antivaxxers.