Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

How have freshman QB's fared against Alabama

How have freshman QB's fared against Alabama

Sept. 12, 2019

When was the last time a young quarterback up beat a coach Nick Saban’s Alabama teams in the regular season? Well been awhile like back to 2012 when Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel, a redshirt freshman, walked into Bryant-Denny Stadium and upset the Crimson Tide. (VIEW ARTICLE)

35 minutes ago, TheKOB said:

Not saying he's another Johnny Football, but anyone can see our guy has his head on straighter.

I feel we got something special here. Love his drive. Best I see in a while. I feel he is capable of lifting the whole team up. 

offensively i believe we have the talent to challenge them.  the key against them is being aggressive, yet stubbornly balanced.  we're going to have to be unpredictable and test their defense on every level vertically and horizontally, that means running ryan to keep the defense honest and getting joyner involved in a variety of ways similar to last week.  then its about playmakers making plays, backs have to get tough yardage and at least one of the receivers needs to have a big day. 

we do all those things then ryan and the offense as a whole will play well enough for us to win. 

You can bet Ryan will see a lot of different looks and that defense has the talent and speed to make him second guess a lot of what he is seeing out there.  I expect there will be some mistakes and probably an interception or two.  This is a big ask of a kid that has played one college game thus far.   I really just hope our fans will be patient and let this kid become the special player I and others believe he can become.  

• Like 1