Sign in to follow this  
LBC

Nice ESPN Article on the Hilinski family

Good article on Ryan Hilinski and family on ESPN College Football front page today by Ivan Maisel. I think this kid is headed for greatness and beyond grateful they decided to join the Gamecock family.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27589735/tyler-here-us-south-carolina-qb-ryan-hilinski-plays-family

• High Five 1

3 hours ago, FurmanCock said:

Ivan Maisel obviously has unique insight to write about the Hilinski's and he does it well.  Hopefully this year will be a year of celebration and remembrance of all of the good about the ones missing.

I wasn't aware of the unfortunate 'insight' Maisel does have until after looking into it:

"Maisel's son, Max, went missing and was last seen on Sunday, February 22, 2015 leaving his apartment complex in Rochester, NY. On Friday, April 18, 2015 a body matching Max Maisel's description was found in Lake Ontario. On April 21, 2015 Max's body was positively identified. Max was a junior professional photographic illustration student at RIT. Maisel would later say "circumstantial evidence" pointed to suicide as the cause of Max's death."

Ever parent's absolute worst nightmare...I cannot imagine

24 minutes ago, LBC said:

I wasn't aware of the unfortunate 'insight' Maisel does have until after looking into it:

"Maisel's son, Max, went missing and was last seen on Sunday, February 22, 2015 leaving his apartment complex in Rochester, NY. On Friday, April 18, 2015 a body matching Max Maisel's description was found in Lake Ontario. On April 21, 2015 Max's body was positively identified. Max was a junior professional photographic illustration student at RIT. Maisel would later say "circumstantial evidence" pointed to suicide as the cause of Max's death."

Ever parent's absolute worst nightmare...I cannot imagine

Yea I believe I saw a special involving both families and the unfortunate bond they shared. Pretty moving stuff

• High Five 1

The South Carolina offense didn't commit a single penalty all day: no motion penalties, no delays, no lining up incorrectly. No confusion.

And no punts, either.

Ryan is mature enough to have given a eulogy for a South Carolina student who died by suicide two weeks ago. Ryan didn't know the student who died, but he knew the student's friends, and they asked, and he wanted to help.

Kelly couldn't believe the traffic and hullabaloo around Williams-Brice on Saturday morning, four hours before kickoff. "Thousands upon thousands of South Carolina fans, lining up everywhere, screaming at God knows what, cussing out Clemson fans," Kelly said. "It's 8 in the morning!"

To celebrate Ryan's first start, his extended family converged onto the South Carolina campus from New England, from Miami, from Sonoma County. At dinner Saturday night, in the 1801 Grille on campus, the Hilinski party of 12 talked up a storm. The adults sat at one end of the table; Ryan, Kelly and their four first cousins at the other.

As they waited for their food, Ryan took a knife, clinked it against his ice-water glass, stood, and turned toward the table.

"I want to thank you for coming," he said. "It meant a lot. I know this is tough for everyone, but Tyler's here with us." He paused, and the grin on his face stretched a little wider. "Let's beat Bama."

Stuff like this is contagious and spreads to the rest of the team.