Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpur7

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we beat the 26-point spread against Bama?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, MFB said:

I think it will be @ 25-30 point loss so i'll say no. I think it will be @ 10 point game in the 3rd qtr and they will pull away with a few scores in the 4th 38-10. Too much depth and talent

I voted yes, 25 or under. But I feel like 25 on the fence. 

4 minutes ago, kingofnerf said:

I voted not Yes but Hell Yes.

I wish it was already Saturday.  We gotta be bounty-hunters if we got the team to do it.

Just get it on and roll the Tide on out of here like we did in 2010.

Then make a ready deck for Mizzou.

Almost Got me feeling it!!  It's going to take everyone from top to bottom and in between. As fans let's do our part..:game::cocks:

Yes!  In 2010, I could feel a win.  I won a bet with a Bama friend of mine on that game.  I’m not feeling it like that now, but I think we will make it closer than others think we will, and with a little luck, may pull it out.  However, I wouldn’t bet anything significant.

I voted yes but this is a game that could get away from us really easily.  I hope we have a solid showing and give Bama more than they thought they would get from us.

Need to show a good fight in front of a lot of important recruits and the atmosphere needs to be on point at Willy B!

I do not want to bash Jake, who has been a good QB for us, but Hilinski can execute the full game plan better than Bentley. Something happened after the Clemson game and Jake has just been off since then, which has held the Offense back. For the people that want to criticize the two 90 yard plus drives by UNC, remember that we put up 5 First Downs in the Second Half, got 7 points, and had two Interceptions. For the game, we got 272 yards of Offense and 15 First Downs against an average UNC Defense. We lost the Time of Possession by more than 7 minutes.

If the Offense cannot move the ball, it puts too much pressure on the Defense. Too many possessions, the players get worn down, and they start giving up yardage. Hilinski is better suited to keep that from happening.

I think we beat the spread and beieve that we can even win if Alabama's players think this is an easy win - like our guys did against UNC.

I haven’t seen it myself, but my wife made mention she read on SM earlier that Hirby said something along the lines of ‘This is not the same Carolina team with Hilinski and Bama fans are in for a big surprise. I may just pick Carolina to win it’.....anyone see this? Or is it my wife’s wishful thinking?

I'm kind of with you gAmkok.  I've got to go back to that magical three year span of 11 wins seasons to remember any confidence I had that our team could line up against any team in the country and go toe to toe.  Since then our teams simply haven't shown up for big games.  It hurts too much to get hyped for a game only to see us get our butts kicked.  So for the Bama game, I'm simply taking a prove it to me attitude.  Come out and compete, play like it means something to you.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TrueGarnet said:

Well it appears at least one ‘expert’ is saying the hell with the spread and is picking the Cocks to shock this weekend straight up....GO COCKS

CF88683C-F57E-4397-8FEA-A251E9C17539.jpeg

That was a huge surprise to me, hope he is right, he hasn't picked us to beat a top 10 team since I can remember. 

Hell Yes...the thing I like about this match up the most is that we have nothing to lose. That should let us play loose and take chances when they present themselves. Alabama on the otherhand has everything to lose, SEC championship and National championship contention and apparently their fans don't like hot weather.......

LETS SHOW THEM SOME CAROLINA  HEAT

• High Five 1

I think the worst case is, if Bama is up enough early (28 points or so) they will yank the starters to give the twos and threes SEC road reps. If that happens, I think our starters stay in to also get reps, and if that’s the case, I think we can score some backdoor points and cover. Otherwise, I expect us to keep it inside that margin. 

Good friend of mine is a Bama grad and he doesn’t think there is any chance they cover -26. With how accurate he historically has been on Bama winning and covering, I am taking his prediction.

The Herbstreit quote was on a parody website. In real life, Herbie would not go against either of ESPN's sacred cows - Alabama or Clemson (by talking up the archrival of their Dabo-fueled mancrush team, which also happens to be the school that Herbie's sons attend).

I would rather have Herbie continue to pump up the Tide - it will make any resulting success that much sweeter. If Alabama's players come in over-confident, an upset is a real possibility. One negative is that Bama plays a really easy schedule until later in the year - they will not be beat up or looking ahead (to Southern Miss, Ole Miss and bye week) when they play us.

3 hours ago, Ace Dilcock said:

The Herbstreit quote was on a parody website. In real life, Herbie would not go against either of ESPN's sacred cows - Alabama or Clemson (by talking up the archrival of their Dabo-fueled mancrush team, which also happens to be the school that Herbie's sons attend).

I would rather have Herbie continue to pump up the Tide - it will make any resulting success that much sweeter. If Alabama's players come in over-confident, an upset is a real possibility. One negative is that Bama plays a really easy schedule until later in the year - they will not be beat up or looking ahead (to Southern Miss, Ole Miss and bye week) when they play us.

My bad. Goes to show just how much time I spend on social media.....or maybe how gullible I am, not sure which

Haha.  That’s kind of funny and for a second I was thinking how they (ESPN) was trying to make something out of a dud for their 3:30 spot.  

To me this game is like an exhibition game where USC is playing an NFL team just for fun.   You know they will lose but you are kind of curious to see how they match up.  

If Alabama is Alabama there is nothing in the world we can do.  All the talk about this or that needs to happen to win is silly.  The only hope we have is that Alabama isn’t Alabama, like it’s an off year for them (like 2010).  It’s still early in the season...maybe some of that Saban retirement talk catches up to them this year.  Maybe not, but that Clemson game makes me wonder.  Are they rising, falling, or sustaining.