Sign in to follow this  
Cockypantherfan

Official 2019 Carolina Panthers Season Thread

Looks like the same ole Cam throws a pass that blows your mind then throws a wtf pass.  I am convinced his accuracy issues will never go away and I don’t ever see him winning this franchise a Championship.  Hope I am dead wrong, but now he is older and the run threat is no longer what it was and as a pure pocket passer that scrambles every now and then I just don’t think he is that good.  The defense did look pretty good.  I like the defensive line with the addition of McCoy.  

Unwatchable.  If they have to rely on Cam as a pocket passer they night as well put Allen in the game.  His whole game has been his ability to run and make pass plays off of that and he was very good, his mechanics as a passer have never been good in his entire career.  He spent all of these years running, but not running smart and now his body is paying the price.  Unless things turn around I think Rivera and company are going to go down on the Cam ship and we will have a new coach next year.  On another point, please get someone else to help carry the load running the ball or McCaffrey will be in the same shape as Cam in a couple of years.  The amount of plays Rivera has him in the game is ridiculous.  Last year when they had games clearly in hand and had CJ Anderson on the bench they were still slamming MC up the middle, make no sense.  

324 yards passing, but 24-50 and 69.1. 3/14 on 3rd down really stands out to me - seems like this team plods and doesn't get enough chunk plays 1st/2nd down, and then stalls out when they do. And that has a lot to do with Cam's lack of touch. He had some 12-15 yard curl outs and some sideline routes where his throws weren't even in the freaking neighborhood. NFL QB's should be able to make those at a reasonable percentage.

The 3-4 looks ok to me, and makes sense with the big bodies CAR has up front (Poe, Short, McCoy), and the tweener LB/DE's we drafted.  Allowed 20 points, that should be good enough to win an NFL game, but the O keeps getting FG's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenSpur7 said:

324 yards passing, but 24-50 and 69.1. 3/14 on 3rd down really stands out to me - seems like this team plods and doesn't get enough chunk plays 1st/2nd down, and then stalls out when they do. And that has a lot to do with Cam's lack of touch. He had some 12-15 yard curl outs and some sideline routes where his throws weren't even in the freaking neighborhood. NFL QB's should be able to make those at a reasonable percentage.

The 3-4 looks ok to me, and makes sense with the big bodies CAR has up front (Poe, Short, McCoy), and the tweener LB/DE's we drafted.  Allowed 20 points, that should be good enough to win an NFL game, but the O keeps getting FG's.

3-4 is what it is this year with this being a new scheme for a lot of our guys.  We're also missing a key piece in Bruce Irvin who has lots of experience playing this defense.

Both lines of scrimmage are a problem too. O-line has been an issue for years and the age of our d-line is showing as well.  Need some more pieces to add around Burns but that will have to be done through FA or the draft.

The Ron Rivera boat has sailed for me. He's a good guy and had some good moments for us but it's time for a change. I would like an energetic HC who knows how to motivate and can really get his system both offensively and defensively installed and propel the organization forward.

4 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Unwatchable.  If they have to rely on Cam as a pocket passer they night as well put Allen in the game.  His whole game has been his ability to run and make pass plays off of that and he was very good, his mechanics as a passer have never been good in his entire career.  He spent all of these years running, but not running smart and now his body is paying the price.  Unless things turn around I think Rivera and company are going to go down on the Cam ship and we will have a new coach next year.  On another point, please get someone else to help carry the load running the ball or McCaffrey will be in the same shape as Cam in a couple of years.  The amount of plays Rivera has him in the game is ridiculous.  Last year when they had games clearly in hand and had CJ Anderson on the bench they were still slamming MC up the middle, make no sense.  

They are going to get McCaffery killed playing him EVERY play.  We have multiple running backs on the team for a reason... why are they not being played??

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this