Gamecock Fanatics

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

post-2-0-09566000-1521979948.pngSouth Carolina Gamecocks vs. North Carolina Tarheels NC_38x38.png

First, the Gamecocks currently have five hope to be seven SC players. Clemson has two and one is a coaches son. The Gamecocks are definitely getting their share from Ga. and NC. Also, Boom has ventured to go after more national players. This staff works tirelessly to identify talent from SC and anywhere else it may be. This and the last few cycles they have gone to  Al., Fla, Ca, Va, Md, Tn, and others. He has beat out Kirby and Dabo on a few. I really think eventually Clemson will regret not trying to wrap this state up. Kirby is far from closing the borders for Ga. 

Coach Muschamp

To think about where the Gamecocks were 3-3.5 years ago, it’s pretty incredible what Champ’s been able to accomplish. There’s a lot of in-game stuff I’m sure you can debate, but I’m absolutely thrilled he’s our football coach, and I believe he was the right man for the job.

• Like 2

Coach Boom came in with a chip on his shoulder (in a good way) and wanted to prove he could do the job. I think it worked out with us as because RT knew it would some time to repair the damage that had been done and not the 2-3 years most schools offer, expecting miraculous results. Champ knew to start with the foundation and, lo and behold, there is a good, solid one starting to form and results are appearing, which creates the repeating cycle of wins leading to recruiting and vice versa.

• High Five 1

2 hours ago, FeatheredCock said:

To think about where the Gamecocks were 3-3.5 years ago, it’s pretty incredible what Champ’s been able to accomplish. There’s a lot of in-game stuff I’m sure you can debate, but I’m absolutely thrilled he’s our football coach, and I believe he was the right man for the job.

LOL, I just finished saying essentially this in another thread.

Coach Tanner knew the only way to get our program back to where it belonged was recruiting. Who better to hire than a WM that was motivated to proving people wrong about his coaching prowess. If this class holds and signs come Feb. You will be witnessing the beginning and building of an SEC power. 

I have said it before, but I would not want anyone else for our head coach. He was perfect for this job. I wasn’t crazy about it when he was hired, but he won me over in his first week, when I saw how hard he was working at recruiting. We are light years ahead of 3 years ago. Now we need to see on field results.