Sign in to follow this  
Longhaul

Mitch Hyatt

Not really smack talk, but was not sure where to put this.  I just saw this morning that he signed an UFA contract with Dallas.  How did this guy not get drafted.  5* out of high school and 4 year starter at left tackle. , I thought for sure he would be drafted.   Was really glad to see him leave Clemson. Given I did not watch them play much, but I thought he was pretty solid. 

• Like 1

I wondered about this too. Maybe OL was not a huge need this draft? I say that because I always thought out of our OL, that Zack Bailey was the best one - he was a starter right off the bat, and was moved to several positions as a starter because he was so versatile as a center, OG, and OT. But Zack also went undrafted and was picked up as an UDFA, when I thought besides Deebo he was our sure-fire senior to get drafted. It's weird.....

I think Zach must have been a case of the broken leg making and recovery because like you I thought for sure he would be drafted.  I read up a little bit yesterday and it sounded like Hyatt's measurables at the combine were not so great.  I would still think they have 4 years of work to look at and see he was pretty damn solid, but I guess we will find out, looks like he will get a shot with the Cowboys.