Gamecock Fanatics

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

post-2-0-09566000-1521979948.pngSouth Carolina Gamecocks vs. North Carolina Tarheels NC_38x38.png

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

What is your favorite golf course you had the pleasure to tee off on? 

I'm not much of a golfer. In fact I've only ever played two courses. One is a little course on the outskirts of Hampton County called Penny Branch. The other was the course on Shipyard Plantation in Hilton Head. I worked security there in the late 90s, and the manager used to let us play for free. 

I played the Wicked Stick in MB years ago, when it was still there, and really enjoyed it.  I can drive pretty well, and being a John Daley course, it suited me well, but my short game sucks.

True story: at the Wicked Stick, one of the holes was 500 plus yards to the cup.  I teed off, hit the cart path, and my ball bounced down the path, and landed 20 feet from the green, and i still bogeyed it.  On a freaking par 5!

I love the course at Cheraw State Park. Hickory Knob is good too. Both are run (or were) by the state park service and they do/did a fantastic job. I haven't played either in several years, so my perspective is distant. But those are my favorites in state, especially for the cost. The views at both are worth the trip.

I also played Wicked Stick in MB years ago and it was excellent. Long Bay is pretty sweet, too, but pricey. 

Timberlake in Chapin has taken a downward turn as of late, but I hear Jimmy Koosa is involved there now, so I'd expect it to improve if he can make them invest in the place.

Cobblestone in Blythewood is one of the best in the Midlands.