Attention please read all members and guest Read more... ×

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

South Carolina Gamecocks  vs.  North Carolina Tarheels 

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

What South Carolina’s AJ Lawson said about pending NBA Draft decision

What South Carolina’s AJ Lawson said about pending NBA Draft decision

April 16, 2019

The deadline for underclassmen declaring for the NBA Draft is April 21. Speaking six days before it, South Carolina’s A.J. Lawson said he’s still thinking it over.

“I still haven’t made my decision yet,” Lawson said Monday during USC’s “Gamecock Gala” event for student-athletes at the Koger Center. “It’s going to be between my family, coaching staff, whatever is right.”

Lawson is coming off an All-SEC freshman season with the Gamecocks in which he averaged 13.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists a game. The 6-foot-6 guard isn’t popping up on any popular mock drafts for this June’s event, but is so for the 2020 draft.

Rules are now in place for players to test the NBA Draft waters and still return to school. Starting this year, players are allowed to retain agents and still return to school, if they then terminate any agreement with said agent. The deadline to withdraw from the draft is May 29.