Attention please read all members and guest Read more... ×

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

South Carolina Gamecocks  vs.  North Carolina Tarheels 

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

The 2019 Gamecock FB schedule breaking down wins, loses, players who can and will make the season?

:football-trophy-smiley-emoticosmall:I have my thoughts on the 2019 outlook but before I write it down I want to hear what all the members feel. Can the Gamecocks win 8+? Tell me why you feel can they if so how what key games will need to beat in a winning season? What players on offensive & defense you think that will surprise of 2019? The Freshman who will have the biggest impact. transfers from last year Redshirt freshman that will make their presence known? LETS HERE IT FANATICS LETS TALK 2019 GAMECOCK FOOTBALL!!

Date post-2-0-09566000-1521979948.png Opponent Location Time
8/31 NC_21x21.png  vs N. Carolina Ch., N.C.  
9/7 bBQW0IBC0ZF01Ea9bUwjfg_48x48.png Charleston S. Col., S.C.  
9/14 A_21x21.png Alabama Col., S.C.  
9/21  M_21X21.png at Missouri Col., Mo.  
9/28 K_21x21.png Kentucky Col., S.C.  
10/5   Open date - -
10/12 G_21X21.png at Georgia Ath., Ga.  
10/19 F_21x21.png Florida Col., S.C.  
10/26 T_21x21.png at Tenn. Knox., Tenn.  
 11/2 V_21X21.png Vanderbilt Col., S.C.  
 11/9 cz_iTl0qqjrjwCTWIvDq5w_48x48.png Appalachian St. Col., S.C.  
 11/16 TM_21x21.png at Texas A&M Col.St.Tex.  
 11/23   Open date - -
 11/30 C_21x21.png Clemson Col., S.C.  

I think we should think we should win 7 possibly 8, but am hoping I am wrong and we win more.  I think it hinges on the play of the offensive line and if we can establish the running game not hearing a lot about Fenwick and I thought he looked good last year, but we need to find two guys that can consistently perform and stay healthy.  I am excited to watch a lot of guys this year.  Wonnum back along with Sandidge having a full year under his belt and all of the guys we will rotate along that line.  Freshman I am excited to see Boykins, Pickens, Harris, Anderson and some Hillinski.   

Key is injuries. If we suffer again at the level of last year with injuries really need to take a look at are Strength and conditioning programs. A hard look very hard look. Seems we had similar problems in men's basketball to. Way too many injuries. That being said as always the trenches both offense and defense will be key. Hopefully will get a much-needed lift at running back performances. Of course secondary. The schedule is brutal no mistake. My key upset is Clemson this year will give us the 7th to 8th win heading into bowl season. Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M and Florida most likely in the loss column. 8-4 maybe 7-4 the best case Tennessee scares me. I do not know why Muschamp has there number that's for sure. We shall see.