Gamecock Fanatics
Sign in to follow this  
Senior Rooster

What will constitute Good Season this Year?

Successful Season - NO Bowls Considered  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Successful Season

• 12-0
    • 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6
    • 5-7
    • 4-8
    • 3-9
    • 2-10
    • 1-11

What will constitute Good Season this Year? I think 8-4, plus Bowl win 9-4 would be a Very Good Season. I know many members have a lot of Football expertise so let's hear your thoughts. There are 800(+) members on this board. I want to hear from everyone!!!!!!!!!!

8 or 9 wins would be fantastic, and it would give a lot of hope to a fanbase that really needs some hope these days. Unfortunately, I think we'll fall a bit short of that. I'm thinking 7 wins will be the most likely scenario. In any event, I just hope we can get some playing time for whoever is most likely to be the QB next year.

If we don't have 9 wins this year, in my opinion, it will be a big letdown.  Folks keep mentioning how difficult the schedule is, but Alabama is the only thing that is different.  Yes, I do understand that playing Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama is a tough schedule, and those are my 3 that I could see us losing.  However, I have had the feeling for about three years that this would be the year we beat  Clemson again. We will see if my feeling is right. But back to my line of thinking.  Those three are tough games, without a doubt, but at this point, with what we have added, we should not be stressing about the likes of the other teams on our schedule. Last year was the down 3rd year that is typical of all rebuilding programs.  We should have turned that corner now, and this year should start to show improvement.  Now, if we win fewer than 9, but we have bad luck, and the ball doesn't bounce our way an inordinate number of times over the season, but we show that we have gotten better, I won't lose my mind.  But if we go out and take a fat dump on the field week after week, and don't show the effort and improvement that we should after 3 years of rebuilding, I am going to get very angry.

This is the year I have been expecting to start to see much improvement, and next year I expect to be our breakout year, when Carolina makes a statement to the nation that we are back!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cockyandproud said:

If we don't have 9 wins this year, in my opinion, it will be a big letdown.  Folks keep mentioning how difficult the schedule is, but Alabama is the only thing that is different.  Yes, I do understand that playing Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama is a tough schedule, and those are my 3 that I could see us losing.  However, I have had the feeling for about three years that this would be the year we beat  Clemson again. We will see if my feeling is right. But back to my line of thinking.  Those three are tough games, without a doubt, but at this point, with what we have added, we should not be stressing about the likes of the other teams on our schedule. Last year was the down 3rd year that is typical of all rebuilding programs.  We should have turned that corner now, and this year should start to show improvement.  Now, if we win fewer than 9, but we have bad luck, and the ball doesn't bounce our way an inordinate number of times over the season, but we show that we have gotten better, I won't lose my mind.  But if we go out and take a fat dump on the field week after week, and don't show the effort and improvement that we should after 3 years of rebuilding, I am going to get very angry.

This is the year I have been expecting to start to see much improvement, and next year I expect to be our breakout year, when Carolina makes a statement to the nation that we are back!

ON TARGET!!!   FIRE FOR EFFECT!!!

GREAT POST!!!!