COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

South Carolina Gamecocks  vs.  North Carolina Tarheels 

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Who wins the East in 2019?

Who wins the East in 2019? Is it UGA again? They have one it in the last 2 years. Florida? Tennessee? or perhaps Carolina. I feel Flordia and Georgia will be in the big picture and I fear Tennesse will be right there. Carolina will have to play better much better on the defensive side. Just hope they do not lose any more players Like today with Belk gone. There is a chance he could be back just would not hold my breath though. On Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Mizzou will finish out the bottom. Kentucky lost too much and Mizzou has troubles of their own that they have to overcome and Vanderbilt is Vanderbilt. Tough to play but lacking in certain important areas.  

UGA would be in the best position to win it. Other than them I guess Florida, and then I would put USC above anyone else. Missouri is replacing their starting QB and will be in the doldrums with their NCAA sanctions, Kentucky has our number it seems these days but we get them in W-B again, and dammit this year we break their run. Tennessee is still too deep in the hole to make any real run - they may improve enough to reach a bowl game, but that's about it. And Vanderbilt is still Vanderbilt....

If our defense can stabilize and remain healthy for the season, and our offense continues its improvements from last season, I wouldn't be surprised if we put a scare into UGA...

4 hours ago, Cockyandproud said:

UGA most likely.  I'm hoping we are second over Florida. 

I to Kinda agree with ConwayGamecock and hope like you for a  productive season. My order is:

Florida beats out Georgia to come in second. My surprise team in the SEC East Tennessee which I hate, But I believe if Gamecocks can improve on defense they could come out ahead of Tennessee. Tennessee is the wild card and will be much improved. Then the Gamecocks either 3rd or 4th then the rest to follow.  3 most important games to me will be Georiga, Florida, and Tennesse. Outside to the West beating Texas A&M. Break two losing streaks Kentucky along with A&M. I love playing Clemson at home this season. If the Gamecocks can establish these goals they really have a decent shot at Clemson. End the regular season breaking 3 losing streaks. Fan's should be tickled to death if the season would play like this for 2019.

Tennessee has added a lot of talent. Will be interesting to see how Pruitt coaches Tenn. this year.  You might be right and hope you are. Just got a feeling they will be a tougher team this year to play against.