COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

South Carolina Gamecocks  vs.  North Carolina Tarheels 

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Tour the team's new ops building here

Tour the team's new ops building here

January 14, 2019

In his time, new South Carolina running backs coach Thomas Brown has been around a few high-powered programs.

He’s seen the facilities at Georgia and at Wisconsin. He was at Miami as it started to up its investment in recent years. So how does that compare to South Carolina’s new 110,000-square foot, $50-million building?

“Not even close,” Brown said. “It’s the best I’ve been around by far. I just left a place where we just built a brand new indoor, which is a really nice facility. But that one doesn’t compare to anything else I’ve been around. It’s phenomenal.”

The players who returned to campus on Sunday got their first look at the Cyndi and Kenneth Long Family Football Operations Center., and the school’s social media team followed them through. Some posted videos on social media as well, showing off the palatial weight room, recording studio in the players’ lounge and locker rooms.

In the video a few players can be heard giving their thoughts on the new building.

Offensive lineman Eric Douglass: “I ain’t seen nothing like this.”

Defensive back Jamyest Williams: “Nothing like it, the best in the SEC.”

Defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw: “”Things changing around here, things changing.”

Running back A.J. Turner: “Why you even left the building? There is no reason to leave. Everything is right here.”

Move in started late on Jan. 7, but most of the players were still on winter break. They started offseason work on Monday.