COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

South Carolina Gamecocks  vs.  North Carolina Tarheels 

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Keep Frank and wait or remove?

Should Gamecocks keep Frank and wait or remove now?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Frank and wait or remove?

• Keep
    • Remove
    • I Don' Know

Keep Frank and wait or remove?

1st ..... keep Frank. He is starting to get the talent he needs to win. He hit a dry spell after getting PJ. I think we will be competitive next year. Here's one thing most on this board need to get in their heads. Being competitive is the goal for USC. We are never going to be a Duke or UNC or Kentucky. I'd settle for being competitive most every year like say Vandy. I cannot remember them having a crap year in a long time. hey are always on the cusp of winning 20. They regularly make the NCAA's. Not every year but regularly.

the talent we can get. I think we can get quality guards , as many as we need. I think we can get a boat load of athletic 6'6'' to 6'8'' guys. I mean real leapers. We need to play smart & tough defense to maximize our talent.

the coach. I think someone like Kevin Keats (NCST) is ready made to come to USC and build a competitive program that wins and plays everyone tough. A program that could win 8 to 12 in the SEC every year and win 20 consistently. Might not make the NCAA's every year but ..... would regularly make it. A kid who played 4 yrs at USC would likely be in the Dance 2 maybe 3 times.

We need a young, energetic, personable coach who can recruit. I would look at the very good JC coaches for that type profile. I would also look at the mid major programs in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast. There are quality coaches there who would kill for the chance to lead a program like USC. It's in the SEC. It's our state's flagship program. kids from the NE would love to come south and play in the warmth. There are also tons of talent within 5 hrs of Columbia. We just can't go after the same kids that Duke, UNC, UK and those sorts of programs make top priorities.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

GCF Copyright

Copyright © 2009-2018 GamecockFanatics.com - All Rights Reserved. GameCock Fanatics is an independent, fan based website. This forum is not sponsored by, or affiliated with, the University of South Carolina, or any other organization.

GamecocksFanatics.com

Youtube-Logo.jpg

Donate Now GamecocksFanatics

PAYPAL3.png