IPOC

Replace Tanner?

The money that Coach Tanner has raised for all of our programs is at an all time high. I myself think he has done a hell of a job hiring coaches. We have to realize, especially with the football team, that when CWM took the job we had zero talent at most position. He has rebuilt as good as anyone to this point so I am happy with him. Baseball really had NO excuse not to be good except for a HC that had NO idea what he was doing. The talent he had and could not win ballgames still baffles me.

I think it is too early to say what kind of job he has done.  Football team is heading in the right direction and if they were not so unlucky with injuries I think the MBB team could have been much better this year and next years class is looking pretty good.  It really does not matter what any of us think if the big money donors keep giving and are happy he will stay.  I also agree Holbrook was a mistake, but Ray did the right thing and sent him packing. 

I actually still have difficulty determining how much is coaching and how much is the player's responsibility. On the one hand, the coach is not out there swinging bats and fielding balls. On the other, he IS responsible for getting the best out of them. (I know that wasn't technically about Tanner, but I still think of him as a coach.)