Gamecock Fanatics

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

post-2-0-09566000-1521979948.pngSouth Carolina Gamecocks vs. North Carolina Tarheels NC_38x38.png

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

Attendance problem

College Football’s Growing Problem: Empty Seats

"Crowds at South Carolina have ebbed in recent years and scanned attendance made up 78% of the Gamecocks’ announced attendance last season. South Carolina held a one-day sale for the season opener against Coastal Carolina: $18.01 per ticket in honor of the school’s founding year. It sold 3,100 of those."

“If you’re in the upper deck and buying a ticket for 45 bucks, and the choice is, I can sit on my couch and have a really good view, you might do that,” said Lance Grantham, associate athletic director for ticketing and customer relations. “The [TV] product is just outrageously good.”

According to the article USC averaged 61,121 actual fans last year. That's pretty low. Granted there are many factors and Clemson barely did better with 66k. Still though,I thought this was somewhat surprising

Sadly true. TV coverage is really improved over the years and big screen are so cheap you feel like you are at the game so I can understand why fans stay home plus add in a price of a ticket for the best games you are looking at 100.00+ ticket and parking etc etc. Cost mounts up just for one game. I think the day's of larger is better is over with now they will put their money in comforts like the luxury boxes and seating so on. I see them downsizing to meet those comforts. My :twocents: