Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

2018 QBs check out USC & Clemson

2018 QBs check out USC & Clemson

Joe Milton

Joe Milton

Recent camp sessions at USC and Clemson attracted top quarterbacks for the 2018 class.  Joe Milton (6-5 205) of Orlando was at both but only the Gamecocks have offered him.  And Trevor Lawrence (6-5 183) of Cartersville, GA was at Clemson.

“The South Carolina visit and camp was great,” Milton said.  “There were great coaches and nice things quarterbacks can learn.  I really like how Coach Roper was coaching me and we’re starting to have a great bond and get along way better than just a coach and a player.   And Coach Muschamp was very excited to see me and was ready for me to throw and compete with other quarterbacks.  Their offense is just the fit for me, a spread offense.   I like the way coach explains the defense in how to read linebackers and safeties.”

Milton said USC, Iowa State and FAU are his top schools right now.

Lawrence is a national recruit who has impressed all onlookers at his summer camp stops.  He wants to make his decision by August and is down to Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.  Clemson and Georgia were his final two camp stops.

Last season Lawrence passed foe 3655 yards with 43 touchdowns and only four interceptions.  His assistant coach Antwan Toomer said Lawrence is a very skilled passer.

“Effortless,” he said.  “What impresses me the most is his throwing power.  To still be so young but yet possess that power is amazing. He’s a pro style in my opinion but he’s mobile enough to pull it on a zone option play and get a first down.”

Lawrence has gone quiet on his recruiting since leaving Clemson’s camp saying he will refrain from discussing it until after the dead period ends July 10th.