Gamecock Fanatics

COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF "2019" GAMECOCK FOOTBALL

post-2-0-09566000-1521979948.pngSouth Carolina Gamecocks vs. North Carolina Tarheels NC_38x38.png

Sign in to follow this  
FeatheredCock

DB Tre Shaw has USC & Clemson in top four

DB Tre Shaw has USC & Clemson in top four 

JUNE 22, 2016       SPORTSTALK   

tre-shaw-300x300.jpg

DB Tre Shaw of Ellenwood, GA has strong interest in USC and Clemson and includes both in his top four along with with North Carolina and Auburn.  Shaw was at USC for the spring game and another visit for recruiting purposes. He was at Clemson last week for one of Dabo Swinney’s camps.“Clemson, the camp series was very fun,” Shaw said.  “I went for the morning session.  It was a good amount of competition there, good exposure.

I go to do a couple of things with Coach Reed.  He critiqued me on some of my techniques and stuff like that.  It was a great camp.”Shaw said the Tigers also continued their strong efforts to make him part of their program.“They’ve wanted me since 2014,” Shaw said.  “They just offered and they really want me to come to Clemson basically.  They believe I’ll fit in and could play all three positions…corner, safety and nickel…and I could really help their program.  They are really high up there.  

They have great academics, a great football program and they have a great community.  What more do you need than that?Shaw also has been to Alabama and North Carolina this summer.  He plans to get back to USC and Clemson later this summer.  The Gamecocks continue to keep up their campaign with him.“I’ve been talking to Coach TRob, just speaking and seeing how I’m doing,” he said.  “He still wants me up there. He’s not going to pressure me into going ahead and committing there.  

He’s just like, take my time and I know where home is basically.”Shaw said he’s looking at mid July for a possible decision, maybe on July 18th which is the anniversary of his grandfather’s death.   And what things is he looking for?“A school that’s going to help me develop as a person, physically, mentally and spiritually,” he said.  “And, if I feel company at the school.’Shaw said all four of his top schools are recruiting him with the same intensity and there is no current favorite.