Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

I could care less about what's going on there. Blow up Russia and be done with them. I'm not into the whole cater to the Ukranians either. We have enough people in the US that need help to worry about them. Just my 2 cents. Others may not agree, I don't care it's just my opinion.

Nuclear weapons in the hands of competing factions could be bad, but still far less worse than what Putin is doing right now.

He appears to have been shot down in an SU-25 Frogfoot, an equivalent of our A-10.

That's the equivalent of Curtis Lemay getting shot down and killed in a B-29 over Japan in WW2. Things like this are not supposed to happen in a war.

Not sure if this means that Putin is using the war as a means of getting rid of potential Russian adversaries or not, but that thought has crossed my mind a few times since the conflict began.

Here is a then and now comparison of London on the 57th anniversary of the end of the Blitzkrieg bombings in WW2.

The present-day photographer went back and duplicated the pictures that were taken in WW2 London and then blended the old and new pictures together.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

So many comparisons have rightly been made between the Ukrainian conflict and the Battle of Britain, I think the pics are appropriate.

There is hope for Ukraine over time.

A color photo from Balham, England during the Blitz. The color photo makes it seem like it happened yesterday to me.

damage_in_balham_1940-800x445.jpg

"On the evening of October 14, 1940, one of the worst wartime domestic disasters took place in Balham.

During the Second World War, Balham was one of many deep Tube stations designated for use as a civilian air raid shelter.

On the day of the disaster, people had been sheltering inside the station from early afternoon.

At 8.02pm a 1,400kg semi-armour piercing fragmentation bomb landed on the road above the northern end of the platform tunnels, creating a large crater into which an out of service London double decker bus crashed.

Water and earth flowed into the Tube station from fractured water mains and sewers above.

Nearly 70 people were killed and 70 more injured, but the tragedy was under-reported at the time as the Government feared the impact on morale."

Ukraine will survive the same way England survived the Blitz in WW2.

Heavy fighting going on in one of the eastern regions of Ukraine, with both sides apparently taking considerable losses. This is an area where Russian strength in numbers and artillery can give them momentum.

Those keeping track, are insisting that the RA is running low on manpower and this surge is not likely sustainable over the next few months.

Still an incredibly stupid and preventable tragedy for so many people.

This is a pretty good essay on the possible changes to modern warfare seen in the Ukraine conflict.

The weapons General Berger refers to include the same family of anti-platform weapons Ukrainians are using to incinerate Russian tanks, shoot down Russian helicopters, and sink Russian warships. The successes against a platform-centric Russian Goliath by an anti-platform-centric Ukrainian David have elicited cheers in the West, but what we are witnessing in Ukraine may well be a prelude to the besting of our own American Goliath.

So...we've gone from pretty much 24/7 coverage to mere mentions here and there. Any thoughts on why this is?