Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

It seems about as clear as mud right to me right now, so I haven't been paying much attention to it.

Every time that I have thought about posting something, I get brain fog.

So I don't know.

Ukraine has reinvented ground warfare for the 21st century. They have proven to be brilliant.
This is the worst defeat for Russia since WWII and is still happening.

Stay tuned...things are happening fast!
The experts said, told us the same thing 9 months ago, Russia still has the elephant in the room.... a nuke!!! What are they going to do, what are we going to do, what will the world do if it is deployed?

Ukraine continues to make gains on the battlefield almost daily - both in the east, and in the south.

I find it hard to believe that some coup attempt hasn't been attempted to oust Putin. This entire military operation has been an epic disaster for Russia.

From what I've been able to piece together, U.S. aid to Ukraine to date is about $19 billion and is scheduled to reach ~$65 billion by year's end. The European Union has pledged about 9 billion in Euros, but only delivered ~1 billion to date. While Russian's invasion is a global problem, it is primarily an European impact. Seems like the U.S. is constantly doing the heavy lifting for Europe.

I find it hard to believe that some coup attempt hasn't been attempted to oust Putin. This entire military operation has been an epic disaster for Russia.
So they are voting to annexx part of another country 🤔 epic failure, Putin is now talked about non stop, the west is depleting its ammo to Ukraine, inflation running rampant, energy and food shortages... epic failure as folks talking about cold war, ww3... no one has attacked Russia and we have a bumbling idiot in the white house and he has sent billions to Ukraine, epic failure... 😎 this is a country that is known to be corrupt and has been voted or called most corrupt country in Europe by numerous media outlets, epic failure... just stating the obvious. A narrative is, as it is written... How is an epic failure a global problem? Just asking...

Ukraine continues to make gains on the battlefield almost daily - both in the east, and in the south.
Ukrainian Army (ZSU) appears to have set the Russian Army (RA) up for several epic defeats that the RA is helpless to prevent. It is an amazing thing to watch unfold. Likely the biggest military blunder since WWII.

So they are voting to annexx part of another country 🤔 epic failure, Putin is now talked about non stop, the west is depleting its ammo to Ukraine, inflation running rampant, energy and food shortages... epic failure as folks talking about cold war, ww3... no one has attacked Russia and we have a bumbling idiot in the white house and he has sent billions to Ukraine, epic failure... 😎 this is a country that is known to be corrupt and has been voted or called most corrupt country in Europe by numerous media outlets, epic failure... just stating the obvious. A narrative is, as it is written... How is an epic failure a global problem? Just asking...
They are forcing an annexation based on a 'vote' where they had to make people vote at gunpoint, in a territory they don't completely control, and are loosing erritory by the minute. - epic failure.
Putin instituted a draft and men of draft age are fleeing the country by the thousands - epic Failure
The Russian economy is near ruins - epic failure.
Even Russian Friendly countries are telling Putin to stop the 'special military operation' - epic failure.

Oh and the most corrupt country in Europe is Russia - btw.

“I think he’s literally out of moves,” Petraeus told CNBC’s Hadley Gamble.

“He’s trying all these different desperate actions, but the fact is, the reality that confronts Russia on the battlefield in Ukraine is that Ukraine has a vastly more capable and larger force than does the country that is more than three times their size,” Petraeus continued. “So the reality on the battlefield now is desperate for Putin. There’s literally nothing he can do. It is irreversible.”

My perception is this is trending toward a Desert Storm and Shield type of conflict, but I also think the longer it is allowed to drag out the more likely the UAF is to make a deep thrust inside Russia to force the Russian forces to withdraw if there is no cease fire, which we all know Putin would not recognize.

Putin has too many security levels to be easily overthrown internally. The Ukrainians are more likely to be the agents of overthrow the longer the conflict is allowed to go on.

Still about as clear as mud to me in many ways, though.

Yes this has been an epic failure for Russia at every level. It has revealed that their military is vastly incompetent and overrated as is their equipment, tactics, and logistical systems.

They are losing (have lost) thousands of military vehicles/aircraft in the process which are costly to replace as well as losing tons of various other equipment of all kinds and enormous amounts of ammunition.

Yes this has been an epic failure for Russia at every level. It has revealed that their military is vastly incompetent and overrated as is their equipment, tactics, and logistical systems.

They are losing (have lost) thousands of military vehicles/aircraft in the process which are costly to replace as well as losing tons of various other equipment of all kinds and enormous amounts of ammunition.
We have sent Ukraine over 19 Billion, has Russia lost more than that? They took parts of Ukraine, have held it for 10 months despite Ukraine being "vastly more capable.." and having the support of the west... I hope your right but I don't believe the propaganda at this point...

We have sent Ukraine over 19 Billion, has Russia lost more than that? They took parts of Ukraine, have held it for 10 months despite Ukraine being "vastly more capable.." and having the support of the west... I hope your right but I don't believe the propaganda at this point...
I don't know what the value of their lost/destroyed equipment is. What would be the cost of them bordering Poland? Oh and in regards to your point about corruption, in case you haven't noticed Washington DC is mighty corrupt as well.

My perception is this is trending toward a Desert Storm and Shield type of conflict, but I also think the longer it is allowed to drag out the more likely the UAF is to make a deep thrust inside Russia to force the Russian forces to withdraw if there is no cease fire, which we all know Putin would not recognize.

Putin has too many security levels to be easily overthrown internally. The Ukrainians are more likely to be the agents of overthrow the longer the conflict is allowed to go on.

Still about as clear as mud to me in many ways, though.
I'm not sure Ukraine will be "allowed" to go on the offensive inside of Russia because of fear of nuclear response. I've read nothing, but I suspect there are some strings to the flow of money to Ukraine.

more likely the UAF is to make a deep thrust inside Russia to force the Russian forces to withdraw if there is no cease fire,
No rationale for that. The UA/ZSU is systematically driving the RA out of the occupied regions of Ukraine and as stated above, there's little the RA can do about it.
What also sucks for Russia, is Ukraine can use quite a few of the abandoned vehicles to build up their own armored forces.
The RA has been the biggest supplier of tanks, APCs & IFVs to the UA/ZSU.

No rationale for that. The UA/ZSU is systematically driving the RA out of the occupied regions of Ukraine and as stated above, there's little the RA can do about it.
What also sucks for Russia, is Ukraine can use quite a few of the abandoned vehicles to build up their own armored forces.
The RA has been the biggest supplier of tanks, APCs & IFVs to the UA/ZSU.

The biggest mistake Ukraine could make would be to cross the Russian border. If they do the entire narrative flips and Russia gets to play "rally round the flag" because they're being "invaded" by the evil West.

The biggest mistake Ukraine could make would be to cross the Russian border. If they do the entire narrative flips and Russia gets to play "rally round the flag" because they're being "invaded" by the evil West.
They're not going to do that. There are no military objectives for them besides regaining land occupied by RU.
Still so much death and destruction for absolutely nothing. Infuriating. This is all on Putin.

From what I've been able to piece together, U.S. aid to Ukraine to date is about $19 billion and is scheduled to reach ~$65 billion by year's end. The European Union has pledged about 9 billion in Euros, but only delivered ~1 billion to date. While Russian's invasion is a global problem, it is primarily an European impact. Seems like the U.S. is constantly doing the heavy lifting for Europe.
That is the way it has been for quite some time. Look at NATO contributions. We are always left to bear the financial brunt for our "allies" The EU is a joke at this point. We do what we need to do to make things happen has and will be the way it is moving forward. Lost in all of this is the cesspool of corruption that Ukraine was before this invasion. Now the narrative has changed that they are heroes yada yada. I believe we need to help them defend themselves, but just hope something better arises out of Ukraine after this conflict is over.

Russia also took over the largest nuclear power plant in Europe and it looks like the US is throwing Ukraine under the bus for an assassination on Russian dirt by Ukraine, that will change things... the winter is coming and that will also change things...

They're not going to do that. There are no military objectives for them besides regaining land occupied by RU.
Still so much death and destruction for absolutely nothing. Infuriating. This is all on Putin.
Exactly.

Putin is so laser-focused right now that he doesn't care that his obsolete military junk will be destroyed for the most part and China will own Russia when all is said and done.

During the Cold War China mainly used Russian assets, but now they have reverse-engineered those things and in many ways improved on the original design.