Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ward’s NFL approach to practice: From the P&C

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
A little insight on Coach Ward’s philosophy on defensive practice. Sounds like our D is preparing to make big plays on the field. Coach Spurrier is going to love it if the defense turns the ball over and gets him the ball back on offense as much as they plan. Reading the article, I realize my defensive philosophy is more aligned with Ellis Johnson’s approach, but I know our players are excited to play in an attacking defense and the idea of QB’s having to worry about Holloman and Shaq and our other linebackers coming after them with Clowney and Taylor already on the field makes me think Ward may be on to something with his approach. In fact, the more I think about it,the more I am certain that Holloman is in line for a monster year.

link: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120804/PC20/120809583/1037/new-south-carolina-defensive-coordinator-lorenzo-ward-using-nfl-style-aggressive-practice-approach