Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The latest from Gamecocks running back target Daniel Hill

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

The latest from Gamecocks running back target Daniel Hill

SPORTSTALK / August 1, 2023
1690913975118.pngRB Daniel Hill of Meridian, MS visited Alabama Saturday for his final recruiting trip before announcing his college decision on August 23rd. The Crimson Tide has yet to add a running back to their 2024 recruiting class and they’ve made Hill one of their top targets. But they apparently didn’t push the issue with him on this visit.

“We really didn’t do anything, honestly. We ate and just hung out, that’s about it,” Hill said. “I wasn’t even with the coaches for real. I was with some of the players, some of the commits and recruits who were there. We just simply didn’t do much. It was a little cookout. I talked to the coaches, but we were just having regular conversations.”

All of that is good news for USC head coach Shane Beamer and running backs coach Montario Hardesty. The Gamecocks have been out front for Hill and the visit to Alabama didn’t move the needle off USC.

“South Carolina is still in the lead but Alabama is a close second,” Hill said. “And I wouldn’t put Tennessee out of it just yet. I’m going to take my time. I might not have a decision until the 23rd.”

Asked what they Gamecocks need to do to protect their lead, Hill said they shouldn’t take the air out of the ball with him.

“They just need to keep doing what they’re doing honestly,” he said. “Interacting, communicating and showing me how much they want me.”

And the Gamecocks have been doing that. He talked to Beamer over the weekend, and he talked with Hardesty Monday night, and he got a clear message from his potential position coach.