Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEC schedule differences.

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Looking at the current standings I noticed that UT, A&M, LSU, and Vandy have all only played in 7 Conf. games. They all four skipped a midweek game for some reason. Every one of them have 10 games left like the rest of us.
That means they will only play in 17 conf. games while the rest of the teams play in 18.
Just seems odd to me. Is it like that every year? How can you accurately decide conf. tourney rankings with that difference in number of games? Had they all played 18 conf. games, all four of them would have one more win or loss.
It seems the 4 of them should have to play that extra game against one of the other four so they are all at 18 games. They all four all have one less overall game too. Just odd that they missed a midweek game.

Attachments

• SEC standings.pdf
    95 KB · Views: 0
Every team plays 18 conference games. I'm sure if you pull up each of those team's schedules that they have 11 games left. The conference just staggers where everyone's midweek bye is. Ours is the week of 2/18-2/24.

Every team plays 18 conference games. I'm sure if you pull up each of those team's schedules that they have 11 games left. The conference just staggers where everyone's midweek bye is. Ours is the week of 2/18-2/24.
You are right. When I was looking at the Schedule on the SEC page, I need to hit full schedule to see that extra game they had left.