Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEC 9-game football schedule bad for USC

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Momentum is gaining around the league for a discussion about a 9-game SEC football schedule. Some AD's want it and its being pushed by some websites like MrSEC.com. This would be bad for Carolina. Nine SEC games plus Cl3mson every year would leave Carolina 2 other OOC games that would have to be patsy games that have little interest. I am surprised that Carolina, UGA, UF and UK would not all be very against this since all have i-state rivals out of the conference that they have to play every year.

I think a 9-game SEC schedule would be bad for Carolina. Teams that have their rivals in the league would continue to play 3 other non-league laugher games. Teams like Auburn, UT, Arkansas, Miss State and now A&M and Missouri would consistently have an easier road to 8 or 9 wins to position themselves for bowl games.