Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAF/WR KJ Bolden Gamecocks are also a strong factor in his recruiting

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
SAF/WR KJ Bolden Gamecocks are also a strong factor in his recruiting
Sept. 29, 2022

SAF/WR KJ Bolden (
6-1 185) of Buford, GA is one of the top athletes in the nation for the 2024 class. Not only does he stand out on the football field catching passes and roaming the secondary, but he’s also a track athlete running the sprints and competing in the triple-jump.

Bolden has family spread throughout the state of South Carolina, so South Carolina is near to his heart. Bolden has not been to the Gamecocksfor a game but plans to take in one at Williams-Brice Stadium in October or November. He was in Columbia last summer for a camp but instead turned that into a recruiting visit with Shane Beamer, Torrian Gray, and Justin Stepp sharing with him their thoughts on the program.

“Me and Coach Beamer, we text every two days,” Bolden said. “I talk to Coach Gray, and I used to talk to Coach Stepp. South Carolina is where most of my family at. I’ve got to keep them around, there always going to be in my recruiting because they are the hometown basically.”

Beamer’s task in building the South Carolin program is to bring in more talented players like Bolden, who said Beamer’s pitch to him centers on helping build something new from the ground up.

“He said they are in the rebuilding process, they are rebuilding everything,” Bolden said. “We always talk about life. He sends me quotes and videos of them getting ready for the game. They impress me a lot. He’s rebuilding most of their facilities, and he’s trying to bring new guys in that are really closer. They are like a tight family. They are all around each other, and I like that about them. And he’s brought back that hard work, like old South Carolina. I like that about them.”

This season Bolden has been to games at Tennessee, Georgia, and Ohio State and he was in Atlanta for the Clemson-Georgia Tech game. Over the summer he also visited Michigan, Michigan State, and Tennessee. His offer list includes schools from coast to coast, and his plan is to name a top list of maybe 13 or so in the next couple of months and announce a commitment sometime in 2023.