Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Randy Meisner of the Eagles

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

In 1971, Randy, along with Glenn Frey, Don Henley, and Bernie Leadon, formed the Eagles and contributed to the band's albums, Eagles, Desperado, On The Border, One of These Nights, and Hotel California. He was inducted with the Eagles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

He sang lead on this one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkW0Clsvrk

When we were young, we just had the records. Now that the great bands are dying off, that's what we have now.

What an amazing band. Every one of those guys could sing. Rare in today's music.

I know. Together they had a very unique sound. You can hear a difference when tribute bands do their songs or they are on tour missing some of the original members. It just doesn't sound the same.

Joe Walsh was the rowdiest, yet he may outlive all of them.

What I find amazing is how many of them came out of Linda Ronstadt's band -- an incredible pool of talent.

Joe Walsh was the rowdiest, yet he may outlive all of them.

I love Joe, but the Eagles were the best country-rock band anywhere before "Hotel California" (I hated that album!)

And I missed the old Joe Walsh from solo + James Gang days ("Rocky Mtn Way" - "Funk #49", etc)

Regardless, it was a great career move for Joe and he's made a lot more $$ in the Eagles than he would have solo/James Gang.