Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pringle talks about his freshly minted top ten

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Pringle talks about his freshly minted top ten

SPORTSTALK / September 13, 2022

1663128637904.pngTuesday was a giant day in the life of giant OT Kam Pringle (6-7 315) of Woodland. First, he turned 17 years old. Second, he revealed his top ten list, the schools he will be considering moving forward in his recruiting. Making the list were USC, Clemson, NC State, Tennessee, Virginia, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, Georgia and Auburn.

“It was just consistency with the relationships,” Pringle said of what was common among his ten. “Coaches sticking it through and being there and recruiting, getting there with me and recruiting hard, assuring me that I’m a top priority, a top player, and just the schools I feel comfortable at.”

Pringle has been heavily involved with USC and Clemson and has visited both multiple times. It was a no brainer for him to include the two rivals on his list. A bonus for USC is their proximity to his hometown.

“With them being so close, that’s a top thing,” Pringle said. “They are maybe forty minutes from St. George, so staying close to home and close to family, that’s always a plus. And definitely the relationship. They probably recruit me harder than any other school in the country, and just being consistent, always making sure the family is good and being quality recruiters, checking on me and my family and seeing how everybody has been, and always welcoming me on the campus.”

As for Clemson, Pringle said it’s not as close to home as USC, but it’s close enough.

“Basically, the same thing with Clemson,” he said. “In-state school, not as close, but a couple of hours away. They are very consistent as well. Coach (Thomas) Austin is a really good dude, genuine dude. I’ve spent a lot of time with him this year hanging out and seeing him face to face and just spending time. He’s young, early in his coaching career. I feel like he’s got a lot of time left and is going to do a lot of great things.”

Pringle had planned to be in Atlanta a couple of weekends back for the Georgia-Oregon game but didn’t make it. He stayed home last weekend as well, so his first game visit of the season will be this Saturday at USC. He also plans to see games at Clemson, Georgia, Florida, NC State, Tennessee and Ohio State. From those visits, he’ll move on to the next stage in his recruiting.

“Really just taking things slowly and letting time do its thing,” Pringle said. “I feel like the decision somewhere down the list is going to show and when the time comes then I’ll be ready the same way I was for this ten. I’ll slim it down to eight and then go five. Sometime next year (the decision). Could be spring. Could be summer. Really anytime honestly. As the process goes on, I’m sure things will shift, but there’s not a number one school in mind right now.”

Pringle took in junior days earlier this year at USC and Clemson. He also camped at USC in June and made an unofficial visit to Clemson that month. He’s also visited Georgia a couple of times, including for their spring game. Some of his other summer visits included Alabama for a camp and a visit, Ohio State, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Auburn and Tennessee.

I was down in St George today and went to Woodland's game. I'm not the best talent scout, especially for the offensive line, but this kid looked to be the real deal. He had the look of a highly touted OL and backed it up with his play. Running behind him, Woodland was getting lots of yards...most for 6-8 yards and occasionally busting one for more. Man, I really want this young man to be a Gamecock. He would look really good in the garnet and black.