Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power 36

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Men's basketball got ranked in the Power 36 again according to Fansided.com Garnet and Cocky.

5 other SEC schools ranked higher, but at least we are getting noticed. Looking at the schedule, we might win the next 4 games and go to 12-1. That would probably get us up to the top 25 before we start the SEC schedule. Lamont seems to be doing some good things with these guys. Might get surprised as the season goes. I went ahead and bought me a few tickets to go see them play some in person.

I commented on this before...
Dawn's first season - 10-18 Lamont's first season - 11-20
Dawn's second season - 14-15 Lamont's second season - 8-1 to start.
Not saying he is anywhere near the coach she is, but he is doing a good job of trying to follow her pattern. If he keeps getting good recruits, he might get us back in the tourney real soon.

Frank Martin 1st season 14-18
Frank's 2nd season 14-20

If Lamont were to get to 12-1 and then find a way to win only half of the 18 SEC games, we could still be 21-10. That would be a huge improvement and make his recruiting even easier. I just like where Lamont is going right now.

I started a 20-win season thread on CT and then things got sideways for us after the FF run.

Hopefully Lamont gets us back to 19-21 wins in the regular season and some post-season runs of some kind.

I think we win out in December during the 5-game homestand. Every little bit helps.

Men's basketball got ranked in the Power 36 again according to Fansided.com Garnet and Cocky.

5 other SEC schools ranked higher, but at least we are getting noticed. Looking at the schedule, we might win the next 4 games and go to 12-1. That would probably get us up to the top 25 before we start the SEC schedule. Lamont seems to be doing some good things with these guys. Might get surprised as the season goes. I went ahead and bought me a few tickets to go see them play some in person.

I commented on this before...
Dawn's first season - 10-18 Lamont's first season - 11-20
Dawn's second season - 14-15 Lamont's second season - 8-1 to start.
Not saying he is anywhere near the coach she is, but he is doing a good job of trying to follow her pattern. If he keeps getting good recruits, he might get us back in the tourney real soon.

Frank Martin 1st season 14-18
Frank's 2nd season 14-20

If Lamont were to get to 12-1 and then find a way to win only half of the 18 SEC games, we could still be 21-10. That would be a huge improvement and make his recruiting even easier. I just like where Lamont is going right now.
I concur.