Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Question of the Week: Spencer Rattler was sharp in the Gamecock's spring game. Which performance level do you think he will reach this fall?

Rattler was sharp in the SC spring game. Which performance level you think he will reach this fall?

• All-State

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • All-SEC

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • All-American

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Heisman Trophy

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Spencer Rattler was sharp in the Gamecock's spring game completing 8-10 passes for 79 yards. Which performance level do you think he will reach this fall?

Heisman Trophy
All-American
All-SEC
All-State

If the line can block a whole bunch better than they did last year, he could be All World. Just not sure of what we got up there and won't until the season starts.

I feel the line play will be a lot better going into the second year with Satt. offense.

He will be in the same situation he was last year with Oklahoma; not all the team's problems will necessarily be his fault, but he won't get benched in the middle of a winning streak he created as QB like happened out there.

Doty will learn from him as well and the competition at QB will also make the team better than it was last year.

While I do feel that QB play should be much much improved over last year and what we've seen in recent history I still have concerns. As stated the OL play is a major question mark as it usually is. Much will depend on their play along with run support and play call. Then there's the situation at WR. We have some players but we need all offensive groups to elevate their play before we start discussing these types of accolades for the QB.

While I do feel that QB play should be much much improved over last year and what we've seen in recent history I still have concerns. As stated the OL play is a major question mark as it usually is. Much will depend on their play along with run support and play call. Then there's the situation at WR. We have some players but we need all offensive groups to elevate their play before we start discussing these types of accolades for the QB.
Route running and minimizing drops will be a key. Interesting to see what Stepp can do with this group in his 2nd year. Hope The tight end’s shine especially Bell. Running backs look solid. Rattler can be a difference make IF he gets the support he should. Agree with the OP o-line should be improved. Let’s pray injuries are minimal. Can’t wait till September!

I didn’t think he was that impressive in the spring game but that being said I think he will great for us this fall

I think the key will be his ability to escape pressure and make something out of nothing. If he can do that and still make the throws/runs, then he'll be solid gold on Saturday nights.