Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Question of the week: Bidding on premier QB?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
According to reports, a Miami collective will pay a QB $9.5 million, and a Tennessee collective will pay a QB $8 million. Do you think #Gamecocks & #Clemson collectives (boosters) should engage in that type of bidding for a premier QB?

This has quickly gotten out of hand and is absurd. It's going to ruin college sports.

NO, not because I'm that against this whole NIL $ thing, but because I think we get more bang for our buck$ if we spend it on top quality OL. MIdwest guys. Buy the best 2 deep OL we can afford then recruit the QB/RB positions to play behind them. Flip the script so to speak and spend the $ on the big uglies.

I think that's the other shoe that will drop at the end of next season for some teams and players.
Yep - The fact is that these are just high school kids and there is no way to know who will succeed vs. who will fail to adjust, either to CFB or college life.

Garcia vs. Shaw is our prime example. Some blue chips will wash out, while some underrated QBs will shine.

Who are these "collective" fans who are willing to pay$8-$10 million dollars to a college kid? I mean that's a lot of people willing to chip in hundred of thousands of dollars. Even if you have Midas type money is this where you would choose to spend it?