Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Carrera commits to Gamecocks (thread) (2012 baskeball video)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
USC added another commitment for its 2012 basketball class Saturday night with a commitment from PF Michael Carrera (6-6 208) of Venezuela. Carrera attends Montrose Christian Academy in Maryland and averaged 13 points and 12 rebounds per game last season. “I love the game of basketball and put all of my heart into it,” Carrera said. “I can play a lot of positions…the four, the three, the two. I’ve been working a lot this summer with my coach on my shot and my dribbling and I’m comfortable playing the three and the two.” Carrera was on the verge of signing with Richmond when a friend of his suggested he check out USC and new coach Frank Martin. “The next day, Coach Martin called me and I was amazed by how the coach talked to me,” Carrera said. “I said, wow, I would love this guy and I have to see the campus.” Carrera did just that over the weekend as he made an official visit from Thursday thru Saturday. “It’s a great campus, great people, great coaches,” he said. “My future teammates are great. I feel really comfortable, they are really good guys. I was looking for that place for a long, long time and I found it. It’s going to be a great four years at South Carolina.” Carrera also visited Gonzaga, Virginia Tech, George Mason, George Washington and Richmond. He plans to sign scholarship papers Monday or Tuesday, whenever they arrive, and will be the sixth member of the 2012 class.

link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120707/PSPORTS02/120709752/-1/PSPORTS

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

Carrera to join Gamecocks

6-6 PF Michael Carrera of Venezuela officially committed to USC Saturday after wrapping up his official visit. He plans to sign on Monday. Carrera attended the Montrose Christian School in Maryland and was regarded by some as the top unsigned prospect for the 2012 class. Last season he averaged over 13 points and 12 rebounds per game. Carrera also had offers from George Mason, George Washington, Virginia Tech, Gonzaga, Ole Miss, Minnesota, Richmond and Towson. Carrera becomes the sixth member of the 2012 class for first year Gamecock head coach Frank Martin.

link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120707/PSPORTS02/120709753/-1/PSPORTS