Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBB vs Alabama

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
In a way I am glad Alabama is favored so much tonight. If our guys pull off the upset it will mean that much more.
We took them to OT last year and they only got a 2pt win, 78-76. They went on to make the sweet 16 in the tourney and that is why they are getting favored so much this year. They were even ranked #1 at a time last season in the AP.
They have 5 losses to Quad 1 teams and they are 6-1 at home. I would really love to see us beat them in there tonight.

I think the next couple of games are our "prove it" part of the schedule.

MSST had more size to them than our OOC opponents, but that game still played out the like our other wins.

Bama will be tough, but I still believe we'll get the win.

I think the next couple of games are our "prove it" part of the schedule.

MSST had more size to them than our OOC opponents, but that game still played out the like our other wins.

Bama will be tough, but I still believe we'll get the win.
With this game, truly, “the proof is in the pudding”. We don’t match up well with ‘Bama’s strengths, and they, like us, are built around a team of upperclassmen. They have 3 guys in double digits PPG, and one more JUST shy of it.

We’re gonna have to get out early and score inside, not just from behind the arc. Keep ‘Bama honest, so Nate Oats can’t get his guys to sell out in defending the three. They’re very likely to go zone on us a good bit just to confuse our offense and force us to play THEIR game and pace.

We shall indeed see, but I’m only at about 50% confidence right now. This team has to show more ability to lean into their strengths and Cooper and Ugusuk must show more strong ball handling and driving into the paint. We get great guard play, we win. We camp out behind the arc, barring a 25/25 shooting there, we lose.

wizard of oz GIF

With this game, truly, “the proof is in the pudding”. We don’t match up well with ‘Bama’s strengths, and they, like us, are built around a team of upperclassmen. They have 3 guys in double digits PPG, and one more JUST shy of it.

We’re gonna have to get out early and score inside, not just from behind the arc. Keep ‘Bama honest, so Nate Oats can’t get his guys to sell out in defending the three. They’re very likely to go zone on us a good bit just to confuse our offense and force us to play THEIR game and pace.

We shall indeed see, but I’m only at about 50% confidence right now. This team has to show more ability to lean into their strengths and Cooper and Ugusuk must show more strong ball handling and driving into the paint. We get great guard play, we win. We camp out behind the arc, barring a 25/25 shooting there, we lose.
The Gamecocks were doing so well until they unlocked your account... I kid, I kid!
Tough match up as you stated and not at home, it was a trap game! Your posts remind me of Ron Morris articles...
Not sure why we don't play ball denial defense on Sears and go big against them but live and learn.
Can't beat many people shooting 31% from the field and 20% from 3... almost had more turnovers 15 than FG's 17 with only 8 assists.
It's one game, throw that film away and move on!

The bench blew a decent lead in the first half and that may be why Lamont didn't sub in so much in the second half as he has in previous games.

Hopefully we will be squared away for the next game.

The Gamecocks were doing so well until they unlocked your account... I kid, I kid!
Tough match up as you stated and not at home, it was a trap game! Your posts remind me of Ron Morris articles...
Not sure why we don't play ball denial defense on Sears and go big against them but live and learn.
Can't beat many people shooting 31% from the field and 20% from 3... almost had more turnovers 15 than FG's 17 with only 8 assists.
It's one game, throw that film away and move on!
:ROFLMAO:

One good thing that happened yesterday, was Mississippi State's upset of top-5 Tennessee. Makes our win over them look that much better. Miss. State now play - Alabama - Saturday. Another upset win against the Tide will make our win over the Bulldogs look even better, although it makes their loss to us look worse.....

Well, here's what I know:

We want to have to worry about being jinxed by AA's account being unlocked against Mizzou, so I predict a win. LOL

Well, here's what I know:

We want to have to worry about being jinxed by AA's account being unlocked against Mizzou, so I predict a win. LOL
Nope! I’m good to go now (thanks again @Tony for the assistance). I think it will be a much better showing for this game, for sure! Again, good guys by at least 11. (Though I think higher margin).