Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basketball MBB Player Transfers Have Begun

Hopefully, the Gamecocks can get some good portal players. This is not unexpected with the firings in today's new world of college sports.

It does not mean that at all @kingofnerf. Senior day is literally what it says… those who are In their senior year academically. Some players graduate early (due to having enough classes), and others graduate as grad students who finish their eligibility on the court, though they may still be in pursuit of a degree. This happens every year, but it’s a larger group than normal, so you probably only noticed b/c of that.
I have been to just about every Senior Game since Frank's been here.

In recent years, nobody goes to the ceremony unless it's their last season with us.

While what you say may be true, the sad truth is many have left the program before graduating for one reason or another. Maybe that's it. LOL

Both Jermaine and Brandon Martin still showing on the official 2022-23 roster web page, while the other guys are gone.

I am assuming both those guys are staying and that's certainly not a bad thing.
Jermaine was rumored to have been in close contact with 3-4 schools who were interested in him. I don't see him returning.

Brandon Martin likely will transfer out as well. He's a grad student now, so he doesn't technically have to play if he wants to do the schooling instead of that PLUS playing ball on scholly. (Many grad students get a pretty good amount of academic money, as compared to Undergrads). I guess that remains to be seen, though.

I saw an Instagram post maybe a week ago where Jermaine listed his top 7. I know Oregon, Gonzaga, DePaul, and UMass were listed. I think Houston was as well. Can't remember the other 2.