Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Locked On Gamecocks: What Does Luke Doty Taking Reps At WR Mean For LaNorris Sellers?

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

What Does Luke Doty Taking Reps At WR Mean For LaNorris Sellers? | South Carolina Football​

Locked On Gamecocks
On Tuesday, some reports surfaced that the backup quarterback for South Carolina's Football team, Luke Doty, is taking some snaps at wide receiver in practice. While this development could have several meanings behind it, one has to imagine that this is a positive sign regarding LaNorris Sellers' development in Dowell Loggains offense. What's the reasoning that would back up this notion? Andrew dissects that PLUS why North Carolina's top receiving target in Tez Walker being ruled ineligible could change the gameplan for Clayton White and South Carolina's defense.Lastly, Andrew analyzes Dakereon Joyner's remarks from Tuesday regarding the freshmen class and the potential impact they could have this upcoming season, and why Joyner's words carry so much weight!

Makes sense to move Doty around for immediate and future depth at WR. They know what they have in Doty by now, what he's capable of and his limitations at the QB position. Sellers looked better in the Spring Game and if he's picking up the O quickly enough, he should take that spot.

In another article about Doty it said this...
Doty’s always down to the help the team, whether it’s quarterback or some other capacity, which he’s done at times throughout his first three seasons at South Carolina. He didn’t share too many details last week, when asked what’s in store that way for the fall. But he did acknowledge the possibility of work beyond standing on the sideline and paying attention to the opposing defense.
Sounds like he does plan to be out there playing. With all the WR we currently have, I do not know if he will see a whole lot of playing time.
As for me, I love trick plays. I would love to see Rattler throw him a screen and then instead of running it, he throws it down field to an open receiver. I mean he does have a strong arm. Might see a play like that with DJ too.

doty has always been a great athlete. get your playmakers on the field and im a believer in the qb run game. spencer can be hit or miss as a runner and we need him to do that on occasion but i also like having that option of doty or sellers or even joyner taking some snaps to supplement your run game and give the defense more to think about. i dont really see him breaking into the wr rotation either but maybe they look at him as a potential gadget guy for a few snaps that the defense has to account for. wr screens, motion handoffs, direct snaps, all of which you can add pass elements that further make him a weapon.