Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaycee Horn - He Improved

I'll never understand why so many Gamecock fans didn't seem to be aware that JC Horn was probably the best football player at USC...at any position...since Clowney and the best DB since Gilmore 

Saw draft projections to the Cowboys at I think #15. That would make you happy GH.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand why so many Gamecock fans didn't seem to be aware that JC Horn was probably the best football player at USC...at any position...since Clowney and the best DB since Gilmore 
Yeah the opponents started to realize they should not pick on Horn. Unfortunately our defense as a whole was not so good and made it hard to talk about the good things the defense was able to do at times. 

Yeah the opponents started to realize they should not pick on Horn. Unfortunately our defense as a whole was not so good and made it hard to talk about the good things the defense was able to do at times. 
Yeah, he was a great player on a mediocre team, but there are a lot of guys from smaller schools with the same problem that still end up in the NFL.

Ironically, I now think the NFL overall as a mediocrity issue past the 4 or 5 premier teams.

Was having this discussion with some friends - IMO it's because when a good CB is doing his job you never see him - the ball is just never going his way because his coverage is so solid, and you are naturally as a fan watching the ball. Plus he didn't have big INT numbers and actually dropped a few "easy" INTs earlier in his career.

JM2C!

Indeed man. Indeed.
Unless my Iggles get him at #12! 

giphy.gif

He opted not to finish the season with his team and for the school.  Good luck to him in the pros.

Horn then decided to quit.    Good luck to him in the pros. 
I may be in the minority, but I don't have a beef with it. The NCAA in general and SEC in particular (all Power 5 really) is a minor league for the NFL in which the players aren't allowed to be paid - and I don't consider a scholarship to attend school being paid. In my opinion it's a perq, not the currency in which they - often from very poor households - need. Meanwhile the schools, conferences, and NCAA get $%^& loads of cash through TV deals and the like ... all he has is his skills and ability to bring to the next level, and not wanting to take the risk of an injury that could cancel out his big payday - Jaycee will almost assuredly go somewhere in the Top 10 - isn't something I can blame him for. He's got one shot at it.

JMHO and I know it's not everybody's!