Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Market for a Vehicle

GregoryHouse

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
Any members here have recommendations on used car sellers in South or North Carolina?. I am looking to purchase in January-February 2021.

Classic Ford in Columbia has been very good for us. My parents bought a number of vans and SUVs from them over the years. December is the best time to buy, as they are looking to dump the old models, as well as sell as much as possible since they have little going on because of the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Ford in Columbia has been very good for us. My parents bought a number of vans and SUVs from them over the years. December is the best time to buy, as they are looking to dump the old models, as well as sell as much as possible since then have little going on because of the holidays.
Thanks for the recommendation SwampFox. 

I don't know about used car sellers, but I bought my truck brand new from Love Chevy and I couldn't be happier with it. I was really impressed with their service and willingness to apply any discount they could find. I was prepared to pay a certain price and after it was all said and done, their price was $5000 less than what I expected. I probably could have haggle a little bit, but didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whenever we have to buy a vehicle, we always go to CarMax just to browse their inventory. Their inventory is usually more varied than dealerships and you can get a sense of what you might want to purchase. When we decide on what we want, we then start looking around at all the dealers to find the best price. 

I bought my wife a new Honda Pilot from Dick Brooks Honda in Greer three years ago. I had such a great experience, I took my daughter there when she needed a car. It was the easiest, most polite, and lowest pressure car purchase I have ever made. They have been wonderful to deal with on the service side, as well. 

They do have a used lot just down the road from the new lot. 

If you want to consider a new car, they have base model Civics, which is what my daughter bought, for around 18k. In December, they have the Happy Honda Days, and you can get .9% financing, if that is the route you choose to go. 
Dick Brooks also gives you a lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission, as long as you do all of the prescribed maintenance, and you don’t have to have them do it, you just have to have proof it was done. 

GH, not sure how old you are looking to go on your vehicle.  Another possible route is certified pre-owned from a dealer, you'll get a late model that has either gone through a rigorous inspection process or was part of the dealer's rental fleet -- so all of the scheduled maintenance would have been completed.  The other great thing about buying a CPO, is that most cases you will get a stronger extended warranty than you would from a new car warranty.  And of course someone else has already taken the hit on depreciation.  Also, as others have commented, best time to buy is end of the year, as dealers want to move inventory to lower tax liability going into a new year.

Best of luck with your search.  I've been really happy with my 2018 Honda CRV.

Auto masters of carolinas in lancaster, sc

Purchased a car there about 4 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my truck in June I had spent a few months looking on the True car website and had a feeling for what the general pricing range was then I just kept looking at autotrader and truecar, if something I liked popped up, we'd go look at it. Ended up buying a GMC truck from a Nissan dealership.

GH, not sure how old you are looking to go on your vehicle.  Another possible route is certified pre-owned from a dealer, you'll get a late model that has either gone through a rigorous inspection process or was part of the dealer's rental fleet -- so all of the scheduled maintenance would have been completed.  The other great thing about buying a CPO, is that most cases you will get a stronger extended warranty than you would from a new car warranty.  And of course someone else has already taken the hit on depreciation.  Also, as others have commented, best time to buy is end of the year, as dealers want to move inventory to lower tax liability going into a new year.

Best of luck with your search.  I've been really happy with my 2018 Honda CRV.
Thanks for the advice. I definitely want to avoid the initial depreciation new cars incur immediately and am looking at vehicles that fairly good on gas but also has a few upgraded comfort features (back up camera, navigation..)

My budget is up to $20K and I am looking at vehicles after 2013 and under 110K miles. My exception is the 2006-2010 4Runners (I love those).

I will be paying cash.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely want to avoid the initial depreciation new cars incur immediately and am looking at vehicles that fairly good on gas but also has a few upgraded comfort features (back up camera, navigation..)

My budget is up to $20K and I am looking at vehicles after 2013 and under 110K miles. My exception is the 2006-2010 4Runners (I love those).

I will be paying cash.
Check out CarMax, lots of cars lots of brands, one lot.