Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google bids to buy and put NFL Sunday ticket on Youtube

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Some interesting news reports that Google is in talks to buy NFL Sunday ticket and put it on youtube. That has meaning for USC because it adds a new deep pocket bidder for sports programming. Also it might mean that we will be getting better web presence for the SEC Network as I'm sure ESPN360 will need to match youtube in quality of online sports programming.

b.png
http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/media/mobile/images/weather/20/b.png" Google bids to put NFL 'Sunday Ticket' on YouTube: reports - The Globe and Mail

DirectTV owned service allows NFL fans to watch a wide variety of football games outside of their local markets

www.theglobeandmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Some interesting news reports that Google is in talks to buy NFL Sunday ticket and put it on youtube. That has meaning for USC because it adds a new deep pocket bidder for sports programming. Also it might mean that we will be getting better web presence for the SEC Network as I'm sure ESPN360 will need to match youtube in quality of online sports programming.
I like the idea overall, but the video quality is just not there for live sports broadcasts yet, even with high-speed internet connections. Otherwise, and as a consumer, I'm pretty much in favor of more a la carte digital programming. But, if anyone thinks Netfilx, Amazon, Apple, Google/Youtube, et al., will be more friendly long term than the cable/satellite companies they may drive into oblivion, think again.