Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia SAF thinking hard about Gamecocks after several visits

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Georgia SAF thinking hard about Gamecocks after several visits
SPORTSTALK / May 3, 2022

1651614404323.pngUSC was a frequent stop this spring for SAF Jalon Kilgore (6-2 196) of Eatonton, GA. Kilgore made it to the campus three times, once for a junior day, once for a spring practice and once for the spring game. With each visit, Kilgore learned more about the program and the coaching methods of secondary coach Torrian Gray.

“I really love the school,” Kilgore said. “I love the culture and the coaches and how they are keeping in touch with me. The type of energy I get from them has but them high up there in my recruitment. They like my aggressiveness and size. They said they can use me in a lot different places on their defense.”

Kilgore sat in on meetings with Gray and his players and then watched him implement his words during practice.

“He knows how to get to the guys and get in their heads what to do,” Kilgore said. “He makes sure that you understand before you even step on the field. When you step on the field, you’ll know exactly what to do. If you don’t, there’s a new guy coming up. He doesn’t seem like the type who plays favorite. He’s going to play with those who are the better players and who are the best for the team. I really love how he coaches.”

Kilgore has yet to attend a real game at Williams-Brice Stadium, but he got a good sense for what the game experience is like by taking in the spring game last month.

“The main thing I got from the spring game was seeing all the fans and how strong the fan base is,” Kilgore said. “To see them come out like that for a spring game, I know going to a regular game the atmosphere would be amazing. I get a great vibe every time I go down to South Carolina.”

Kilgore visited Oklahoma for their spring game two weekends ago. He also took in Clemson’s spring game. The Tigers have not yet offered but he said the interest from them is increasing.

“It’s starting to pick up,” Kilgore said. “I’ve been talking to coach (Mickey) Conn a lot, the safeties coach. He’s starting to build the relationship more. They’ve been recruiting me a long time and now I’m getting to talk to the coaches more, so that’s been good. If I get to know the coaches more and get to know the culture, I could definitely see me at Clemson.”

Kilgore said he would like to make a decision by the first part of his season. Last season he made 88 tackles with 8 pass break ups and 4 caused fumbles.