Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll GCF POLL OF THE WEEK: 13 and counting down to kick-off. How do you feel about the 2022 Gamecocks

Poll

GCF POLL OF THE WEEK: 13 and counting down to kick-off. How do you feel about the 2022 Gamecocks

• Very Excited

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Excited

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Little Excited

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hoping For The Best

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Same O Same O

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
GCF POLL OF THE WEEK: 13 and counting down to kick-off. How do you feel about the 2022 Gamecocks

Feeling like a 7, 8, 9 plus season or 6 wins and or lower? Are the good days back? What is your scale as of now? Any commits? tell us how you feel about the 2022 Gamecock edition on the gridiron.

Very Excited
Excited
Little Excited
Hoping For The Best
Same O Same O

Last edited:
I voted Excited. I really like the job CSB has done with this team. There seems to be some buzz/hype with this group -- that I hope results in some legitimate swagger. Recruiting definitely has become a focus and the future looks promising. But like most older Gamecock fans, I'm at the point now of just show me on the field -- I've seen way too much pre-season hype only to be disappointed when the games are played. So, cautiously excited.

I voted Excited. I really like the job CSB has done with this team. There seems to be some buzz/hype with this group -- that I hope results in some legitimate swagger. Recruiting definitely has become a focus and the future looks promising. But like most older Gamecock fans, I'm at the point now of just show me on the field -- I've seen way too much pre-season hype only to be disappointed when the games are played. So, cautiously excited.
Excited as well...pretty much same train of thought as you.

Very Excited to see year 2 of Coach Beamer, Satterfield and White. Playing as a team and getting on the same page as the season progressed was visible in year 1, having players with a year in the system to assist in building a team and getting everyone on the same page to start the season along with the talent brought in that has me very excited. With 5 star talent on the DL and a very talented secondary to go with size and athleticism at LB has me very excited. A super talented QB room with 5 star talent leading and protected by an experienced OL and a deep talented group of RB's, TE's and WR's or just weapons/tools has me very excited! I'm very excited to see what Coach Lambo and his special teams unit do in year 2 as the Beamer name says we win a game with Special Teams.

Little Excited. nearly 40 years as a Gameock fan has tampered my expectations. I think we will continue to improve. But not expecting some huge break-out year yet. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm also a little excited. We had an improvement season from the previous season under Muschamp, but that team (CWM's last season) had enough talent to have been much better than it ultimately was. Poor coaching and covid sort of messed it up. So while we had a bit of the step forward, a second season of continued moderate success will have me feeling much better about the near future. So if we win 7-8 games this season, I'll be able to say I'm solidly excited for 2023......

Very Excited but leery of the Gamecocks OL. Still, not all are SEC-level players on the line. Hopefully, Rattler with his feet along with the upgrade at TE and WR can help here. Also, DL needs to step up and do a lot better on stopping the run. Two major areas will impact 2022. If not 4 wins. if they do the ceiling for 2022 7 to 8 wins and a better bowl game.

I'm very excited. I believe the OL will finally mesh and give the guys the effort needed to win. I think the D has finally got the talent to dominate the opposing teams.

I'm out of my freakin' gourd excited! I think we finally have the guy we wanted and needed, even though I was against his hire, at first. Even during the Spurrier years, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it finally did. We never seemed to get over the next hump of winning the SEC, and being truly relevant on the national scene. I think we will now. With the attention to detail mentality Beamer has, nothing seems to be overlooked. He's made mistakes on playcalls, but that will happen because he is still learning. What truly excites me is how seriously recruiting is being taken, and the love and care he puts into his players, and the excitement he has (without looking like a backwood goober), and how he takes aspects seriously that Spurrier didn't, like media, and social media, and other things we don't know. He looks at every aspect as important, not just certain issues. I have a friend of mine who has a son who is a senior in high school. He plays football, and it is his dream to play college ball. He doesn't really care where, he just wants to play. He is not a 5 star talent, but the kid has heart, and plays hard, even though he isn't huge. He has gotten the opportunity to go to several camps, and he has absolutely loved Carolina over every where he has gone, including his dream school, which is VT. He went to Clemson, as well, and their comments were that the camp at Carolina was way better than Clemson, mainly because of the attitude of the coaches and staff. The Clemson staff barely spoke to them, because he wasn't a blue chip recruit, but the Carolina staff bent over backwards to show them around, offer to take them to different areas, and were very kind to them. His biggest praise was for Coach Beamer. He said that Beamer was out on the field for the camp, and watched him play, then called him by name. He remembered it from an earlier camp, and told him when he was done to get his parents and come talk to him. That blew them away, and he did speak to them for a few minutes, and they are thrilled with Carolina. My point is, if he treats everyone the way he treated my buddy's kid, it's no wonder he is doing so well on the recruiting trail. People are loving him, and he comes across as genuine, and not someone going through the motions. If he continues this, along with all of the other details he's taking care of, we are going to be a very happy fanbase. That's why I'm so pumped!

I cannot help but feel this is the year we eradicate the unsightly Taterpox that has spread throughout Gamecock Nation in recent years.

jbMt23m7Dn-dcatLQePRo4FvREhHKT236-7dQZ6lUOuJe1h1rOKSrx35hXbRlzUu4e8K5MY7kC89EN-pjAeel3U3QIKCzXCNrv2TesU55yk8jx0Ko4l_djGGAzFQjnuFFg3fAhzn_g=w2400

I cannot help but feel this is the year we eradicate the unsightly Taterpox that has spread throughout Gamecock Nation in recent years.

jbMt23m7Dn-dcatLQePRo4FvREhHKT236-7dQZ6lUOuJe1h1rOKSrx35hXbRlzUu4e8K5MY7kC89EN-pjAeel3U3QIKCzXCNrv2TesU55yk8jx0Ko4l_djGGAzFQjnuFFg3fAhzn_g=w2400
I’m not counting on it, but I wouldn’t be surprised. However, when it happens, it will be so sweet. Clemhorroids are so smug about it. Most of them don’t think they will ever lose to us again.

Cautiously Optimistic is the term I use every season since the Spurrier years. Eight wins would be really great. However, as I've stated before seven wins and a bowl win meets my expectations.. If we could somehow beat Clemson I'd be over the moon.