Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks evaluating Florida DT

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks evaluating Florida DT​

SPORTSTALK / July 30, 2023
1690814115826.pngFor their cookout on Friday, USC invited all of their 2024 commitments as well as several offered targets for the 2025 and 2026 classes. There was one outlier on hand, however. 2024 DT Keon Webb (6-4 290) of Riverview, FL was invited as an offer-candidate. It was his first chance to see the program in person, and the first chance for the USC coaches to evaluate him in person.

“Coach Dru (Lindler, defensive recruiting assistant) had found my Twitter, and he said he liked my film a lot and wanted to talk to the coach and staff to see if they can get me on campus,” Webb said. “Of course, I said i would love to visit their facility, and me and my dad received a date, and we went as soon as possible.”

“The coach and staff, the way they talk, I can tell they are good people,” Webb said. “They said they liked my size and how i could be a big part of their defense.”

Webb did not leave Columbia with an offer, but he’s hoping to hear some positive news from the Gamecocks this week.

“They said they will keep in touch and contact me very soon,” he said. “I’m hoping they offer me. It would mean a lot. It’s an amazing opportunity, and me and my family would be very excited to be able to play for South Carolina.”

Based on his other offers, recruiters have positioned Webb in the mid-major category. He has offers from Coastal Carolina, UT-Martin, North Carolina A&T, Tennessee Tech, FAU, Charlotte, Bethune-Cookman and Troy. He has not taken any official visits but has taken unofficials to USF, FAU and Florida State.