Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devotion movie trailer

Was not able to see this when it first came out, but finally caught it in Columbia tonight after finally getting my car trouble resolved the other week.

It's absolutely the best military aviation movie ever. The CG flying scenes are incredible. Hard to tell it's not real.

The scenes from the Chosin Reservoir battle are stunning. I believe this is the first Anglo movie to cover the battle in a long forgotten war.

The encounter with a young Elizabeth Taylor during a liberty call at Cannes, France, was an unexpected surprise as well.

The hurtles Jesse Brown had to overcome because of his race were handled in a way that didn't make the film a downer. The way the conflict between regular officers and Academy ring-knockers was portrayed was right on the money, too.

I think it's better than both Top Gun movies combined because the story is real and the naval aviation parts are absolutely fantastic and about as realistic as you can get.

Just a stunning movie. Two thumbs way up.