Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper to announce future plans on Wednesday

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Cooper to announce future plans on Wednesday

March 29, 2023

6-4 Ta’lon Cooper has been in the Transfer Portal, but they are exiting Wednesday. Cooper is transferring from Minnesota, where he played this past season after three years at Morehead. Tate is transferring from Butler.

Cooper took an official visit to USC last weekend and the Gamecocks gave him plenty to consider.

“It was a good experience and weather,” Cooper said. “I’m still up in Minnesota. The coaching staff and the players that I met were all good people. The facility is really nice. Nothing like coming back home and playing in front of the home crowd. It’s only an hour away. Everything about the visit was great.”

Asked about his future plans, Cooper didn’t want to tip his hand totally.

“I’ll just say wait till tomorrow (Wednesday and we’ll all find out,” Cooper said. “I’ll put it on Twitter. I’ll put it on all the social media tomorrow, so we’ll have a special surprise for everybody.”

Good pickup. 7th in the nation in assists playing in the Big10...not bad at all. With Meechie being more of a combo guard anyways, I'm liking the idea of Cooper at point and having Meechie play off the ball more.